Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kirk Wheeler 2 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 24, 2018 @ 20:15
    Kirk Wheeler

Latch/DNS Question

I've recently put up a quick portfolio site using umbraco cloud (first timer on the cloud) and was trying to get my domain name pointed to it. I think I'm mostly there, but I had a couple of questions:

Do I need to add a domain in the Manage Hostnames section for both "kirkwheeler.com" and a "www.kirkwheeler.com" version? Server/domain stuff is not my forte, so at first I just put in "kirkwheeler.com" and it worked when I typed that in the URL in a browser window, but when I added the www. part on the front it did not, so I added the alternate version as well.

I notice on my status that the kirkwheeler.com version says "Pending Certificate" and the other "www" version has a status saying it "Will be migrated to LATCH"

How long does it typically take for this to happen? From watching one of the videos, it looked like it happened over several minutes. I'm going on about 4 hours now. I thought perhaps the two entries might be stepping on each other, but honestly I have no idea.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks

• Harry Spyrou 212 posts 604 karma points
    Aug 28, 2018 @ 14:25
    Harry Spyrou

I haven't used the cloud yet, but I'm curious. What happens if you just have a redirect for whoever types kirkwheeler.com to redirect to the www. version and just have www.kirkwheeler.com as your domain?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 28, 2018 @ 15:53
  • Kirk Wheeler 2 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 28, 2018 @ 15:55
    Kirk Wheeler

Thanks for the replies. I got some help from the Umbraco dev team and they sorted it out.

FWIW: I did need both www and non www versions. It was just that Latch was stuck somewhere on the backside. Also, the word I got was that Latch usually resolves in around 1/2 hr.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 28, 2018 @ 16:00
    Dennis Aaen

Kirk fantastic to hear that you got help from my friendlly collagues

I am on vacation rigtigt now else then I am part of the support team

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft