Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Oct 31, 2018 @ 23:53
    Nicholas Westby

Umbraco Cloud Website Protected Behind Login?

I just created my first Umbraco Cloud website as part of the trial and a coworker mentioned that they couldn't see the website. Instead, they see this:

Permission Dialog

Is this something that just appears during the Umbraco Cloud trial, or is there some way to disable this permission dialog?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Nov 01, 2018 @ 11:25
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Nicholas

You can disable this dialog if add user IP to whitelisting.

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Umbraco-Cloud/Set-up/project-settings/#manage-ip-whitelist

If you are on a Trial plan, you can also whitelist IP's for bypassing the basic authentication on the Live environment - on paid projects the basic authentication will be disabled by default on the Live environment.

Thanks,

Alex

Nov 01, 2018 @ 15:52
    Nicholas Westby

Do you happen to know how I configure that to work for all IP addresses rather than a specific IP or a specific range of IP's?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 01, 2018 @ 16:02
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Just as a FYI: I am not sure if you can whitelist on trial accounts, we'd rather not have people sign up and start all kinds of... "interesting" sites. You may be able to remove the login but we're not encouraging it! 👍

Of course, once we have a credit card you're welcome to publicly publish what you want that fits in the terms of use.

Nov 02, 2018 @ 16:25
    Nicholas Westby

For anybody who is curious, the answer was to whitelist the IP "0.0.0.0/0", which represents the full range of IP addresses:

IP Whitelist Screen

That's located here:

Settings... Manage IP Whitelist

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft