Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 02, 2018 @ 17:25
    Nicholas Westby

Umbraco Deploy Contrib Included with Umbraco Cloud by Default?

I just installed the Umbraco.Deploy.Contrib NuGet package (for Archetype support). However, once I installed it, I noticed the DLL was already there (i.e., Umbraco.Deploy.Contrib.Connectors.dll).

Is Umbraco.Deploy.Contrib included with Umbraco Cloud by default? Will there be any issues with me installing the NuGet package (e.g., conflicting versions)?

It seems odd to me that this is a NuGet package, but that it's also included with Umbraco Cloud, and that the one included with Umbraco Cloud does not seem to be making use of a NuGet package. I want to make sure I'm doing things the proper way.

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Nov 02, 2018 @ 19:23
    Søren Gregersen

Maybe it gets installed via nuget? :)

Deploy is going to replace Courier at some point, and by then it's nice to have the contrib-package already out there. Also, it is open source (https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco.Deploy.Contrib) so no reason not to put it on Nuget as part of the CI/CD

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 02, 2018 @ 21:16
    Nicholas Westby

Maybe it gets installed via nuget?

As I mentioned in my original post, it didn't seem to be included with NuGet. I'm thinking that means Umbraco Cloud just drops the DLL in the bin folder when initializing the site. Not sure though, and I'm also not sure of how to handle this from a best practice perspective.

no reason not to put it on Nuget as part of the CI/CD

Not sure that's true. For example, Umbraco Forms is included with Umbraco Cloud by default. I asked about removing it, but somebody from Umbraco HQ advised that that could potentially cause issues, as Umbraco Cloud automatically upgrades Umbraco Forms, and so it may randomly pop back into the website at some point.

I wonder if the same thing may happen here. That is, I've got the latest version of Umbraco.Deploy.Contrib, but Umbraco Cloud decides to install a different version for some reason (assuming that I haven't installed a different version separately), which could potentially cause issues. Hence the reason I was asking about this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft