Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• phil 16 posts 119 karma points
    Apr 12, 2019 @ 19:16
    phil

Cloud web config vs normal web config migration issues

Im currently moving an Umbraco site from Umbraco cloud back onto a windows server using IIS and SQL. Im having issue with the migration. Ive got the files set up and the database working in SQL with a new server set up and restored from a .bacpak file, I've put the new server details user name, password ect and Ive set folder rights.

The issue I'm having is that I'm now stuck with a server error 500. If i just put a simple index.html file into the folder then that loads okay.

Im thinking it will be a web.config issue ..... I could be wrong . Does anyone have any experience with this that could help?

Thanks

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 14, 2019 @ 20:37
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Phil

Did you set right file and folder permissions? Check how it should be - https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/permissions

Alex

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 14, 2019 @ 20:37
    Alex Skrypnyk

Can you check the log? What the error message?

• phil 16 posts 119 karma points
    Apr 15, 2019 @ 08:57
    phil

Hi

I have tripple checked permissions and it has now kicked me to the default home page. I have noticed in the back room through is stated I'm on a "local" workspace but this needs to be my new live workspace. This looks like an Ubraco cloud thing as Ive not see this on an umbraco I have installed before.

enter image description here

Thanks

Phil

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft