Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Drake 133 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    Jun 05, 2019 @ 14:10
    Mark Drake

Feedback regarding the Partner Program and Umbraco Cloud Discount

I've raised this issue a number of times through live chat, and let me start by saying everyone I've spoke to has been kind and pleasant enough in our interactions. They always do their best to help, but they themselves are very limited in the amount of support they can give. It doesn't seem like they are empowered to take what they learn from live chat and make recommendations up the chain of Umbraco.

I'd love to see Umbraco adopt something like UserVoice for this purpose. Or build these kinds of features into this community forum.

As it stands, to take advantage of the Umbraco Cloud Discount the partner (registered, certified, or gold) needs to log into their account and needs to create the project his or herself.

Sure, the partner can pass the link on to the right point of contact for billing. Great.

The current structure of this program requires the partner to "hold on to" or have absolute control over the Umbraco Cloud account. This idea that your web development company is going to register and hold on to your domain, register and administer your web hosting account, etc etc is very poor practice & commonly found with freelance, more junior, or dare I say even professional WordPress developers.

I don't like the structure of this program.

My clients are also the point of contact on anything I sign them up for. If I buy a domain name, sign up for an analytics program, web hosting, software licenses - whatever it is - they are always the point of contact. I do not register as myself. These belong to the client. It's not my place to put them in the risky position where my company has control and they feel held hostage to our services and it becomes a challenge to choose another provider.

Until something changes, I'm not bringing my personal clients to Umbraco Cloud. I want to bring 3 clients onboard so I can start giving other clients the 10% discount. I can't earn credit for any of them as it stands now because of the sign up and registration process. If they sign up under their own name, I can't claim them and they don't count.

Also, while we are on the subject $6 for a user account is extortion. You should be able to create as many users for administration and billing purposes as needed. These users don't require (nor should they have) access to the Umbraco environment (like source control or administration). They should be able to log in and see the account and billing history though.

I'm certainly interested in continuing this conversation with members of the Umbraco community, but also hope I can find support for this in Umbraco HQ. I have a client I'd love to bring to Umbraco Cloud right now (today) and another in August. Stop me if I'm making too big of an assumption - but using Umbraco Cloud supports Umbraco CMS right?

How can we get on the same page?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 06, 2019 @ 13:13
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Mark,

First of all thanks for your feedback on our Umbraco Cloud Discount, partner program.

We do always listen to feedback for our products and we would also like to talk to you about the Umbraco Cloud Discount, partner program.

It would be fantastic if you can send my colleague Mike an email, then he will be more than happy to get your feedback on the partner program.

Please let me know if you need his email, then I can send it to you in a private message.

All the best, -Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft