Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ASD Support 4 posts 74 karma points
    May 09, 2016 @ 10:56
    ASD Support

Users can not see the Courier Icon when logged into Umbraco

How can we get all users to have access to Courier?

I have successfully installed courier version 2.7.8 for Umbraco verison 4.11.10 however I am the only user in my organization who has access to it.

We all have the user type 'Editor' and the content, media, settings and translation sections selected.

I have no boxes checked under general and provider settings. I also have more checkable options under general settings.

Other users have various boxes checked under general and provider settings.

So far whenever we need to use courier it has to be done by logging in with my userid/password.

How can we get all users to have access to Courier?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 09, 2016 @ 11:18
    Dennis Aaen

Hi ASD Support,

If you go to the users section --> users --> click on the user that you want to enable the Courier section for, then you should see something like this.

enter image description here

And one of the checkboxes should have the name Courier.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

May 09, 2016 @ 12:19
    ASD Support

This is the options we have for the my account (left) which has access to courier and another account which doesn't.

enter image description here

We do not seem to have the courier option available for both in the sections?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 09, 2016 @ 13:08
    Dennis Aaen

Hi ASD Support,

That is really odd have you tried to removed the tick in check boxes, so you have to identical environments?

That´s the only thing I can see.

/Dennis

• Naveed Ali 161 posts 426 karma points
    May 09, 2016 @ 15:22
    Naveed Ali

You may want to check the database as it looks like the permissions have not updated in the database

May 10, 2016 @ 08:51
    ASD Support

Yes I am the only user with the 'courier' app on the database. The table is 'UmbracoUser2app'.

I have inserted this record for another user and the extra tick boxes which I originally had were present for them.

After replicating my access they were then able to have access to courier.

I believe these records should have been inserted into the table during the courier install. I am not sure why this did not occur. Also we I am not sure of any related tables or configs which may also need to be updated.

Is inserting this record into the 'UmbracoUser2app' safe?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft