Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Morten Christensen 61 posts 215 karma points
    May 13, 2016 @ 12:08
    Morten Christensen

Courier deployment error

I just brought and installed Courier. Installed it on dev and prod site.

When I deploy from dev to prod, it randomly stops while it deploys.. Some content is deployed as it should, other just fails in the middle of it.

Developer console gives me:

500 (Internal Server Error) umbraco/plugins/courier/pages/ViewTaskManager.aspx/GetProcessed

{"Message":"Server was unable to process request. ---\u003e A call to SetSessionId must occur before getting/setting a session or transaction","StackTrace":"   at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.GetSuccessfulProcessedTasks()\r\n   at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.ViewTaskManager.GetProcessed()","ExceptionType":"System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException"}

Im running on latest Umbraco, and latest Courier

• Kenneth Jakobsen 67 posts 203 karma points hq
    May 25, 2016 @ 06:29
    Kenneth Jakobsen

I'm having the same problems. I Also have to restart the deployment site before the changes that doesn't fail appear!

May 25, 2016 @ 06:38
    Kenneth Jakobsen

The Problem is definitely with the receiving end! I Just tried deploying to our Production instead of staging and it worked just fine.

Can you please acknoledge this? We are paying customers who need to be able to rely on this software...

May 27, 2016 @ 06:45
    Kenneth Jakobsen

Anyone?

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    May 27, 2016 @ 08:15
    Craig100

We've been having loads of similar problems with deployments but it's on UaaS so not sure if it's the same version of Courier. However, HQ are on top of it and a fix is due soon, so I understand.

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 01, 2016 @ 15:18
    Paul Sterling

We generally see this message when there is a deployment running and a subsequent deployment is started, which causes the original deployment's session to become invalid. Courier supports only a single deployment at a time from a single user.

@Craig is correct that we are releasing a Courier update (2.52.5) as soon as we have addressed the open issues. This release does not change the support for a single deploy at a time, but does address a number of other issues and adds better feedback messages for some common errors.

Jun 01, 2016 @ 15:54
    Kenneth Jakobsen

But our courier is permanently broken, restart does not fix it. So once you double deploy it'll be broken forever? Do I need to reinstall courier? And what impact will that have?

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 01, 2016 @ 16:05
    Paul Sterling

@Kenneth

Unless you have a bad install, re-installing won't help. Can you send through a support ticket with version details, repro steps, logs, and any other information that might help us guide you?

From your umbraco.com account send it through from http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/customer-area/courier-support-download/courier-helpdesk/

Thanks

Jun 02, 2016 @ 08:55
    Kenneth Jakobsen

I submitted an issue yesterday no reply yet. I don't have repro steps or logs though, as I dont know how to repro.

I looked at the logs and this line kind of worries me:

2016-06-02 08:43:19,401 [309] WARN Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V6.NHibernate.Persisters.TagRelationsItem - [Thread 315] No umbracoNode found with id 1448cc03-b321-427c-aa2c-bc6f11bfb9d8

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Jun 04, 2016 @ 10:08
    Craig100

@ Kenneth,

From much recent bitter experience with the UaaS version, we now have a commit methodology which seems to work every time but your mileage may vary on your version:-

Commit from local to dev, then in Dev's Kudu's debug console (or your server's terminal), navigate to Site/wwwroot/Data and set a new deployment marker by typing "echo > deploy" and enter in the terminal. You should see the marker change immediately to "deploy - progress" and then after a minute or two to "deploy-complete". Once that has happened, then we have to either touch web.config or restart the environment in the UaaS portal.

Repeat for each destination environment up the chain.

Why just hitting the blue commit button doesn't "just work" is, I hope, what will be fixed in the latest Courier update.

Jun 06, 2016 @ 11:11
    Kenneth Jakobsen

I Installed the hotfix, and it somehow made things worse?

Now I get an 404 trying to connect to the staging environment

SOMETHING WENT WRONG :(

Here is some technical information that might help shed some light on whats happened:

Exception Message: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.

Exception Type: System.Net.WebException

Stack Trace:  at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.GetSuccessfulProcessedTasks() at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.GetTask(String id)

Jun 06, 2016 @ 11:23
    Kenneth Jakobsen

I Managed to get the message to go away! But the same error as before the new release still persists. ANYTHING i can do to speed the process up I will do, I really need this product working last week!

• Amin Lakhani 1 post 71 karma points
    Nov 04, 2016 @ 20:30
    Amin Lakhani

I'm getting the same error. I'm able to get to the final deploy screen but when I hit deploy I get a blank page.

Dev tools says "umbraco/plugins/courier/pages/ViewTaskManager.aspx/GetProcessed" is throwing a 500 error.

Anyone got any idea how to fix this bullshit?

Umbraco version 7+ Courier version 2.52

• BenH 59 posts 199 karma points
    Nov 04, 2016 @ 21:17
    BenH

I'm getting an error that the provider is not able to find the item its trying to courier. I'm on 7.5.3 on UaaS, can I safely delete all the courier revisions to force Courier re-create them?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft