Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alejandro 23 posts 45 karma points
    Sep 06, 2016 @ 15:46
    Alejandro

Media files not being transfered by Courier.

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems transferring media files with Courier, content items or anything related to the database seems to be updating without any issues.

While deploying media files with Courier I see no errors in the browser console and I get the message that everything was ok with the transfer. When I go to production, I see the media entry in the backend, but no folder was created in the filesystem in the media folder.

Here is the exception I'm getting:

2016-09-06 09:58:28,059 [57] ERROR Umbraco.Courier.Core.Diagnostics.Logging.RevisionLog - [Thread 156] [Error]; Item Id: f2aee337-d546-46a8-9a3e-000b11eb0387; Caller: Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider; Process: resources; Msg: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
      at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
      at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
     at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
     at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)
     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
     at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
     at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
     at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebServiceProvider.RepositoryWebservice.TransferResources(String sessionKey, ResourceTransfer[] resources, String user, String pass)
     at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.TransferResources(ResourceTransfer[] resources);

Courier was previously working, my guess is this problem was brought by a domain change in the production site, although I don't have proof of this, it has been the only significant change in the setup.

I have also checked the permissions in the media folder and the maxRequestLength param in the web.config and the connection timeout in IIS. Everything seems ok, and like I mentioned these settings haven't been modified and it was previously working.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? Or any other logs that could give me more information?

I'm not in control of the network itself, and according to the IT team that is responsible for it they don't see anything out of the ordinary in the setup.

I apologize for the long post. Thank you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft