Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MuirisOG 382 posts 1284 karma points
    Nov 25, 2016 @ 10:19
    MuirisOG

Courier not working on new pages in the Content Section

I've hit a problem with Courier, which I'm trialling on localhost.

The bizarre thing is, I eventually managed to transfer one new page, but am stuck again, with the same error, on a second new page.

To get the first page working, I edited all the fields in my page, and then deployed everything - all the dependencies etc.

Here's the error:

2016-11-25 10:13:54,132 [101] ERROR Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager - [Thread 90] Error ExtractionTask with id: ae5db881-924a-4ed1-ba45-a900babb158b
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
    Parameter name: startIndex
       at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Storage.RevisionStorage.CollectResourcesFromFolder(String folderName, String path, Boolean virtualResources, Revision& revision)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Storage.RevisionStorage.GetFromDirectory(String name, String directory, Boolean lazyLoad)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Storage.RevisionStorage.GetFromDirectory(String name, String directory)
       at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.GetRevision(String alias)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.RepositoryProvider.GetRevision(String alias, String folder, Boolean lazyLoad)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.RepositoryProvider.GetRevision(String alias, Boolean lazyLoad)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.get_Revision()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.PopulateGraphInternal()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.PopulateGraph()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.ExtractionTask.Run()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.BackgroundTaskRunner`1.ConsumeTaskInternal(T task)
    2016-11-25 10:13:54,132 [101] ERROR Umbraco.Courier.Core.BackgroundTaskRunner - [Thread 90] An error occurred consuming task
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
    Parameter name: startIndex
       at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Storage.RevisionStorage.CollectResourcesFromFolder(String folderName, String path, Boolean virtualResources, Revision& revision)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Storage.RevisionStorage.GetFromDirectory(String name, String directory, Boolean lazyLoad)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Storage.RevisionStorage.GetFromDirectory(String name, String directory)
       at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.GetRevision(String alias)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.RepositoryProvider.GetRevision(String alias, String folder, Boolean lazyLoad)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.RepositoryProvider.GetRevision(String alias, Boolean lazyLoad)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.get_Revision()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.PopulateGraphInternal()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.PopulateGraph()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.ExtractionTask.Run()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.BackgroundTaskRunner`1.ConsumeTaskInternal(T task)

Nov 25, 2016 @ 11:09
    MuirisOG

Right...

I've found that it fails on one of my templates. When I choose another, it works.

So there must be something in that other template causing it to fail, even though I am unchecking the box so that my template isn't deployed.

Maybe one of the macros in the template is the cause of the problem, but If I find anything, I'll report back.

The funny thing is, it works on existing pages with that same template.

Nov 25, 2016 @ 14:56
    MuirisOG

I've found the offending line of code in my template.

It's caused by the favicon - I have tried it with the code and without numerous times just to be sure.

The code is:

<link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico" />

So, I think this may be a bug... how do I report bugs?

Update: I have now reported this as a bug.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft