Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Johanna Dunn 6 posts 76 karma points
    Jan 09, 2017 @ 13:12
    Johanna Dunn

Courier not available for editors in context menu after upgrade

Hi,

We've recently upgraded to Courier 3.0.3 (on Umbraco 7.5.6) but now only administrators have the courier option in the context menu and we're unable to change any of the user permissions under users > courier security (tick the box to change the permissions and get the saved message but when I refresh it's reverted to the previous settings).

We have several users with the editor role that update the site content but currently no have no courier option

We are not getting any errors and have not found a way to resolve this yet, has anyone else come across this issue?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks Jo

• bobby kc 4 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 07, 2017 @ 16:49
    bobby kc

HI Any luck on this, we are also running into the same issue...

Feb 07, 2017 @ 16:58
    Johanna Dunn

Hi, no I'm afraid not.. as a work around we've had to make the editors administrators and then go into the content menu and set individual user permissions on each node. If you manage to resolve it please post back.

thanks Jo

• bobby kc 4 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 07, 2017 @ 17:08
    bobby kc

Thanks for you response, I already created a ticket with Umbraco (We have Umbraco contact license). This is the response from them

"Thank you so much for the video to reproduce the error. I am afraid that we have seen almost similar issues on other occasions. These issues were reported on the issue tracker for fixes in the upcoming sprints. There is a slight chance that this is also a good old bug in the Courier. We will have to investigate a bit further today and tomorrow and then we will get back to you with a status."

I tried uninstall latest version (3.0.4) and installed Umbraco Courier 2.52.15, and see it's working, (testing in our QA only)

Feb 07, 2017 @ 17:13
    Johanna Dunn

Thank you for posting that, good to know it's on their radar and hopefully they'll be able to provide a fix.

thanks Jo

• Nik Bennett 4 posts 34 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 13:01
    Nik Bennett

Did you find a way around this issue? We are running Courier 3.1.1 on Umbraco 7.3.3 and are also seeing this, we were okay on Courier 2.52.14 and have had the same error with a few versions since V3.

Thanks, Nik

May 18, 2017 @ 16:41
    Johanna Dunn

Hi Nik

No I'm afraid we haven't found a solution to this and our only work around has been to upgrade our editors to administrators (which isn't ideal). If you do find a solution please let us know.

Thanks Jo

• Gleb Kaplan 49 posts 125 karma points
    May 24, 2017 @ 07:30
    Gleb Kaplan

I cannot believe that such a critical issue was reported over two months ago and still hasn't been prioritized by Courier team!

I am running 3.1.1 on 7.5.6.

• Michael Ayres 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jun 06, 2017 @ 22:18
    Michael Ayres

Have you tried going into Users -> {user}?

For v 3.1.1, there is a "Courier" checkbox added at the bottom of the existing Section permissions.

After checking the box, have the user log out and back in to get the updated permission set.

• Heiko Luxenhofer 38 posts 138 karma points
    Jul 04, 2017 @ 15:26
    Heiko Luxenhofer

Does anybody have a solution for this problem? We can`t set permissions for editors anymore.

Regards

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 04, 2017 @ 15:58
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Heiko,

Could it be something like this issue that you are seen? http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-511

Best,

/Dennis

• Heiko Luxenhofer 38 posts 138 karma points
    Jul 05, 2017 @ 12:04
    Heiko Luxenhofer

Hi Dennis,

thanks for the workaround. The first time this snippet didn`t work, but after AppPool recycle everything is fine.

/Heiko

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft