Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Abilash Ashok 63 posts 418 karma points
    Feb 07, 2017 @ 10:38
    Abilash Ashok

Courier - Cannot add new location in trial mode

Hi,

I was experimenting Umbraco for a while and as part of testing data migration between different environments, I installed Courier. Please note, I am using trial version for evaluation which shows message - "Courier is running in Trial Mode, you can therefore only run it on your local machine, and only transfer to other local instances, non-local locations cannot be used".

However, in the back office I couldn't find a place to add my target server (which is local btw) to which I can push changes. Do I need to do some extra tweaks while running in a trial mode? Below are few screenshots from my backoffice:

1. Locations page under Courier menu. backoffice<em>courier</em>location

2. Right-click on Location menu shows only Reload option and there is not option to add new location. enter image description here

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 07, 2017 @ 12:09
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Abilash,

Perhaps this documentation can help you on the right track.

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoCourier/Architecture/RepositoryProviders#courier-webservice

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Abilash Ashok 63 posts 418 karma points
    Feb 07, 2017 @ 12:31
    Abilash Ashok

Thanks Dennis. The link helped a lot. I was under the impression that I can add locations from backoffice, the same way I manage contents. But that's not the case here.

Thanks again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft