Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Farhan 6 posts 76 karma points
    Mar 17, 2017 @ 14:02
    Farhan

I am using Umbraco 7.3.8. I am unable to deploy using courier. I have 2 local environments and configured courier accordingly . When i try to courier my changes from an environment's umbraco back office to the other environment by selecting it, I get the change set to deploy but when I click deploy, it show a blank screen forever and doesn't do any deployment to the other environment. I then tried to use the licensed version and replace the

Please help?

Mar 17, 2017 @ 14:07
    Farhan

Further to above, I am using courier 3 and when i use licensed version, This is my config settings for the repository

<repository name="umbracocopy" alias="umbracocopy" type="CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider" visible="true">
            <url>http://umbracocopy.local</url>;
            <login>Courier</login>
            <password>*******</password>
            <passwordEncoding>Hashed</passwordEncoding>
        </repository>

Please note that I have replaced the password with * but the credentials are correct.

This is the error I am getting

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.ArgumentException: No User exists with ID -1 at umbraco.BusinessLogic.User.SetupUser(Int32 ID) at umbraco.BusinessLogic.User..ctor(String Login) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebserviceProvider.Security.SecurityHelper.ValidateUser(String login, String password) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebserviceProvider.Security.Authentication.AuthorizeByCredentials(String login, String password, Boolean cacheAuthResult) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Webservices.Repository.AuthorizeByCredentials(String username, String password) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Webservices.Repository.Authorize() at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Webservices.Repository.CloseSession(String sessionKey) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebServiceProvider.RepositoryWebservice.CloseSession(String sessionKey) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.CloseSession(String sessionKey) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.Dispose(Boolean disposing) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.Dispose() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Common.Extensions.GlobalExtensions.DisposeIfDisposable(Object input) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Repository.Dispose(Boolean disposing) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Repository.Dispose() at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestM

• Jay 410 posts 636 karma points
    Mar 17, 2017 @ 16:59
    Jay

Within your

Make sure that both of your environments have got the same Courier version installed too

Mar 20, 2017 @ 10:02
    Farhan

Thanks JLon,

No Luck. That was my initial attempt and tried it again just in case. When i click Courier, I get a deploy screen with the options for "Items to be deployed" then i click next, then the Deploy window suddenly goes blank and doesnt do anything. The deploy window is blank forever and i can come out of it. When i check my other Umbraco instance, nothing has been copied.

Mar 20, 2017 @ 10:08
    Jay

I remember seeing something similar previously. Which version of courier you are using?

Mar 20, 2017 @ 10:26
    Farhan

Thanks JLon,

I am using the latest courier 3 with Umbraco 7.3.8 (Umbraco 7.3.8 is the mature 100% release for Umbraco 7.3)

Courier 3 has been promised to be the most improved stable version so far.

Mar 20, 2017 @ 10:59
    Jay

Do you know which version of Courier 3 you are using?

You can check it in the Developer section > Packages > Installed

Mar 20, 2017 @ 11:03
    Jay

I think so i have the same issue with Courier 3.0.2, at the end I have to get it upgraded to 3.0.6 which fixes the issues

Mar 20, 2017 @ 11:39
    Farhan

Thanks JLon,

Its Courier 3.0.7

Mar 20, 2017 @ 11:56
    Jay

Worth raising an issue with Umbraco too http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/COU

• Shola 65 posts 273 karma points
    Mar 22, 2017 @ 22:51
    Shola

I'm getting the exact same issue with Courier 3.0.8, and Umbraco 7.5.11, which are the latest of both as of right now.

The strange thing is, if I go to the Courier application section in the sidebar, and expand Locations, I can see all the sets of content in each repository. So the credentials absolutely are correct.

I only have a problem trying to push doctypes or content.

• Shola 65 posts 273 karma points
    Mar 22, 2017 @ 23:11
    Shola

I've created an issue for this here:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-546

Please upvote and follow it!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft