Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Skippy 10 posts 57 karma points
    Mar 29, 2017 @ 09:31
    Skippy

Configuring Courier 3 to watch extra locations

Hi all,

we've recently bought Courier express to assist with staging, and it seems to do the most basic content changes out of the box. I do feel this is only really scratching the surface, and it's not especially useful right now since we're still fine-tuning design, templates, macros and partials.

FYI we're on Umbraco 7.5.9 with Courier 3.0.7.

There are loads of options in the courier.config document which aren't properly commented. For instance - it's not detecting any changes within the ~/Views/Partials directory; should it? Do I need to change anything in the config to enable this?

I see options to watch certain files and folders, but after experimenting, nothing is being transferred. In this example, I was expecting to deploy content from the given folders:

<folderItemProvider>
      <include>
        <!--<folder>~/media/assets/somefolder</folder>-->
        <folder>~/css</folder>
        <folder>~/dist</folder>
      </include>
    </folderItemProvider>

Yet, nothing has happened. Presumably I need to trigger it somehow, and deploying from the root node doesn't do it - but again documentation is hard to come by.

As per a previous post on here, during the Courier install there's mention of some videos on umbraco.tv, which actually don't exist. I realise the core of Umbraco is open-source; this however is a closed-source, paid-for extension and the lack of clear documentation is poor.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft