Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Manuel 11 posts 121 karma points
    Apr 13, 2017 @ 15:22
    Manuel

Any last suggestions before using Usync?

Hi Umbraco Courier Team! Greetings from Austria!

We are working with Umbraco since last year and until now we manually managed our umbraco upgrades or manually managed our homepage updates for features etc.

We decided to give Umbraco Courier a chance because our update processes is getting more and more complicated since our marketing is also working on content while we are programming several features for them.

For testing Courier i created two new local Umbraco installations and installed Courier on both of them. I created the locations for both and tested it with an test document type. Created an revision and transferred it to the other Umbraco instance, everything works great, but:

If i want to test Umbraco Courier with our current Homepage (with many Document Types / Content Nodes / Full Dictionary etc.) we always get "/umbraco/plugins/courier/pages/ViewTaskManager.aspx/GetProcessed 500 (Internal Server Error)" if we want to install the revision. Transfer and compare works fine. It also works if we change something in content or add new document types and deploy this single change and its dependencys.

At first i have to say that we where not able to transfer our current homepage to another umbraco instance because we first have to buy your licence. So i had to install USYNC to transfer our current umbraco homepage to a completely new umbraco installation on my local system. USYNC installed our homepage without any errors and i could start to test Umbraco Courier with more than one Document Type. I created an revision with a complete homepage package and transfered it to a fresh local installation, WORKS GREAT! BUT if we want to install this revision we always get the "500 Server Error".

The reason why we want to use Umbraco Courier (and not USYNC) is that there is no data folder we have to transfer with ftp, courier manages it by itself. The workflow with Courier is more smooth.

Errors:

1. When clicking on Revison i get:

"Could not get the root tree node based on the node passed in". - angular.min.js?cdv=692819983:63

1. When clicking on "install revision" i get:

"POST http://localhost:35112/umbraco/plugins/courier/pages/ViewTaskManager.aspx/GetProcessed 500 (Internal Server Error)".

1. When i click on "change contents" i get:

"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined - editLocalRevision.aspx?revision=FullMetalPackage: 96"

Because error 2 the installation fails. Because error 3 we cant select single items for "package selected".

If we get Courier running without errors we are going to buy full licence because we have 5+ pages running in a single umbraco instance.

So, any suggestions how we get courier install our revision? Tested it with Umbraco version 7.5.3 (homepage version) and also with 7.5.13.

We know that only ~50% is working with 7.5.x, but there are just three errors and the rest works fine, please, dont let us use Usync.

Thank you for your help

Apr 14, 2017 @ 08:20
    Manuel

Found a solution for Error 3.

The bug was already marked as an issue, and should be solved with Courier 3.0.8.

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-505

Edit: Error 1 and 2 still occure.

Apr 21, 2017 @ 12:39
    Manuel

Ok it works!

I just had to create a new User after the Courier installation, because our old admin User does not appear in the Courier User section and because of this our User does not have any permissions for installing.

Specials thanks to Dennis for his help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft