Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ashok 3 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 13, 2017 @ 15:54
    Ashok

Umbraco courier content push issues.

Good morning all,

We are getting issues while pushing content using Courier. We are using Umbraco 6 version and planning to migrate to Umbraco 7 very soon. Below is our scenario and environments. Courier had been setup in UAT to push content to PROD Web Servers (WebServer1 and WebServer2). In production (PROD) we have two servers (WebServer1 and WebServer2 which are pointing to DBServer1 and DBServer2). The servers are under load balance. We created webapi code to get the content from Umbraco and the .dll's deployed / copied under “/bin” directory of our Umbraco Web Site of our both PROD Umbraco Web Servers. When we do a courier push the content is rendered on both WebServer1 and WebServer2 Umbraco UI with out any problem and in properties the “Last Edited” is also showing correctly. But we ran the api call we are getting data on the (WebServer1), to which content was pushed and not on the load balanced server (Web Server2). I checked api calls if there is a flag there to block it and I did not see any. What could be reason of it? Have anybody has this problem in the past? When I connected explicitly to one of Web Servers (Web Server1) and added a brand new item it showed up in both servers and the web api could retrieve the data too. Since it is load balanced do we need to do anything related to below node in “umbracoSettings.config” ( I am not sure, just a thought).

<distributedCall enable="true">
    <!-- the id of the user who's making the calls -->
    <!-- needed for security, umbraco will automatically look up correct login and passwords -->
    <user>0</user>
    <servers>

I saw below url and is there something we need to do to fix above problem.

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/setup/server-setup/load-balancing/traditional

Thank You Ashok

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft