Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jakob Nielsen 4 posts 74 karma points
    Oct 02, 2017 @ 18:37
    Jakob Nielsen

document type is found in .courier files but does not appear in backoffice settings section

Ok so we are running umbraco cloud, and like to develop new features in dedicated feature branches. But when adding a new doctype in one branch (e.g. feature-newstuff), and pushing it, another developer pulls this branch but the settings section does not contain the newly generated document type. However the doctype file does appear in .courier underneath data/revisions - everything seems fine here.

I would like to be able to pull this branch (feature-newstuff) work with it and merge it into master, expecting the doctype to be added when the branches gets merged and /or when switching to the feature branch.

Am i not properly understanding how to work with Courier or is there some way to force updating the doctypes (already tried generating new models, restarting etc)?

Thanks in advance for any help

A little edit from me here, or just some debugging info - and i am not a 100% sure this is 100% correct but might be a slight help for someone.

1. It seems that the .courier files must be in the master branch
    2. Generating models locally changes nothing, but pushing changes to dev (in cloud) making a change to doctypes and generating models on dev. and then pulling master seems to have updated the doctypes locally.

i am keeping it open till I can verify this as a solution or someone to confirm that this is the only approach.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft