Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrei Andreev 3 posts 82 karma points
    Jan 03, 2018 @ 20:09
    Andrei Andreev

Using Courier with multiple sites

I am considering Umbraco to replace an Ektron setup.

The current setup has TEST.domain.com, STAGE.domain.com and www.domain.com (PROD) servers.

We usually develop content on STAGE, where we iterate and get approvals (by non-ektron users -- the site is accessible from the company network) and then sync up to PROD.

We do development on TEST, then deploy to STAGE and PROD after multiple rounds of testing.

We often need to sync the latest data from STAGE to TEST so that we can develop against it.

Would Courier (Pro) support such a setup?

• Content, template and code sync from STAGE to PROD
    • Content and template sync from STAGE to TEST
    • Everything except content sync from TEST to STAGE (STAGE gets daily updates and has the latest content)

Thank you!

• Chris Norwood 131 posts 642 karma points
    Jan 18, 2018 @ 01:04
    Chris Norwood

We have a similar setup to this at the moment with:

dev.domain.com

www2.domain.com (UAT)

www.domain.com (Live)

We are using Courier to sync: a) content from dev -> UAT

b) DLLs, views etc. from local -> Dev using the Revisions functionality

c) Content updated by users from Live -> UAT -> Dev for testing (this is equivalent to your stage -> test requirement I guess)

We've only just set this up so I can't claim to be an expert, but all of what you've stated above appears to be possible using Courier from what I've seen so far.

The code sync requires a tiny bit of extra configuration - Courier doesn't always realise that e.g. a DLL has been recompiled so you may need to transfer it as a file rather than a dependency; also partial views need to be transferred in this way, but I haven't had any issues with this. (see https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/59786-Courier-21-wont-deploy-dlls-and-partial-views-in-Umbraco-714- - despite the old version this issue still seems to exist).

• Andrei Andreev 3 posts 82 karma points
    Jan 25, 2018 @ 19:43
    Andrei Andreev

Thank you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft