Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul de Quant 287 posts 1170 karma points
    May 17, 2018 @ 11:06
    Paul de Quant

Problem transferring content - error thrown

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me. We have a custom GridCellResolverProvider. When we attempt to deploy a page, we get an error:-

Exception Message: Server was unable to process request. ---> String "umb://media/3d89c8210dae45ae83c6f65e700fd6d4\" is not a valid udi.

Exception Type: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException

Stack Trace: at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebServiceProvider.RepositoryWebservice.EndGetHashes(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.GetHashes(ItemIdentifier[] itemIds) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.GetTargetHashes(IPackagingTarget2 target, IEnumerable1 ids) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.PackageBatch() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.BackgroundTaskRunner1.ConsumeTaskInternal(T task) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.GetSuccessfulProcessedTasks() at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.GetTask(String id)

Now I know why it's generating this issue, it's because of the \ at the end of the UDI, my problem is that this error is being thrown before it hits our custom code. So I have no way of handling it.

Has anyone encountered this issue before and can anyone suggest a fix/workaround. I've debugged it locally, but it's not hitting any of my break points.

Thanks

Paul

• Alex Skrypnyk 4637 posts 16596 karma points MVP 2x admin
    20 days ago
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Paul

Did you solve this issue? Can you share with our community how to do it?

Alex

• Paul de Quant 287 posts 1170 karma points
    20 days ago
    Paul de Quant

Hi Alex, I did. I ended up using a regular expressions to sort it.

foreach (Match match in Regex.Matches(rteMarkup, @"(umb?:\/\/[^,\\""\s]+)"))

This seems to have done the trick.

Hope it helps someone else.

Thanks

Paul

• Alex Skrypnyk 4637 posts 16596 karma points MVP 2x admin
    20 days ago
    Alex Skrypnyk

Of course, it will help. Paul, thanks for sharing, have a great day!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft