Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul McCarthy 39 posts 160 karma points
    Nov 06, 2018 @ 19:33
    Paul McCarthy

IP Restriction causes Courier 403

Hi all I recently added ip restrictions to our dev and test sites in Azure. However it had a side effect of causing Courier to also return a 403 error even though I granted access to any applications inside the Azure Resource Group. Anyone else have experience of this?

Paul

• Giu 23 posts 141 karma points
    Nov 12, 2018 @ 15:48
    Giu

Same issue here, it works fine without the ip restriction. I will search a bit and come back. If you find something please let me know.

Thanks, Giuliano

Nov 16, 2018 @ 14:00
    Paul McCarthy

Hi Giuliano

I have the answer. It's a bit tedious, but.... In Azure, open one of your web apps and go to the Properties blade.

Copy all the IP addresses listed as ADDITIONAL OUTBOUND IP ADDRESSES. Then open the Networking blade and add a rule allowing each IP address.

You will also have to set these rules on all your other apps where you want to courier content. If they are inside the same Resource Group they should be the same IPs.

Courier will then work.

• Julio M. Vivas 57 posts 107 karma points
    Nov 16, 2018 @ 15:42
    Julio M. Vivas

We had a similar issue on an IP protected site on Azure but somehow it was working fine until a few days ago. Something in Azure must have changed in the last few days affecting the IP ranges. After reading this thread I added the additional outound IPs and is all good now.

Nov 16, 2018 @ 16:34
    Paul McCarthy

Good stuff. It's a shame you can't just set this at a resource group level. It's bad enough with 3 web apps to cover, but if we had loads more it would get really difficult. I think you can do it programatically via the Azure API but haven't ventured there yet.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/app-service-ip-restrictions#programmatic-manipulation-of-ip-restriction-rules

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft