Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Harry Spyrou 212 posts 604 karma points
    Jan 21, 2019 @ 17:41
    Harry Spyrou

Courier and Azure DevOps practices

Hello,

I was wondering as to what do you guys do with Courier and DevOps. I have Courier set up with CI and QA, but it seems like it's not in the packages.config. So how do you deploy a new version? Do you just have the dlls and copy/paste them in the environment or do you add it to packages.config and restore the package?

Also, if you do that, does it reset the environments under <repositories> in its config file?

Thanks

Harry

Jan 22, 2019 @ 09:57
    Harry Spyrou

Nobody doing DevOps? Am I alone in this world?

• Yakov Lebski 550 posts 2114 karma points
    Feb 13, 2019 @ 16:12
    Yakov Lebski

Are you using Courier for DevOps?

Feb 13, 2019 @ 16:16
    Harry Spyrou

Hi Yakov,

Not really, no. Haven't thought of a good way of doing it. I've installed and configured Courier manually in each environment.

CI is supposed to deploy only to QA. QA is supposed to deploy to CI and Stage.

The question for me is this:

Should I have Courier as a package restored by nuget during my build or is that not doable?

Thanks

Harry

Edit: Just to clarify, right now everything else gets deployed automatically, Courier dlls just stay there since there's nothing to overwrite them with. So it still gets auto deployed and Courier stays untouched.

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Mar 26, 2019 @ 11:20
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Guys,

We use DevOps, but different approach. Basically everything is first set up on the dev server ( Stage server ) then with source tree push everything to devOps repos so that all the devs can use the files or build website on their workstation.

You should be able to install on your local machine as well, with a pull request send everything to another instance.

are you using SQL Ce ?

Mar 26, 2019 @ 15:02
    Harry Spyrou

Hi Fuji

What do you mean you push to stage server? Are you talking about the staging environment or do you mean in the repository?

I'm using SQL Server

Thanks

Harry

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft