Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan Roberts 409 posts 1063 karma points
    Feb 12, 2019 @ 16:42
    Jonathan Roberts

Umbraco 8 - Courier

Hi,

can you let me know if Courier will be available for Umbraco 8?

Thanks

Jon

• James Saliba 14 posts 87 karma points
    Feb 27, 2019 @ 20:06
    James Saliba

I'm also really interested to know this. No point in trying to move to 8 until Forms and Courier are both working flawlessly for us.

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Feb 27, 2019 @ 20:24
    Søren Gregersen

I dont think it will be relased for V8, but Umbraco Deploy should be on it’s way — https://umbraco.com/blog/umbraco-on-premise-deployment/

• Petros Florou 6 posts 78 karma points
    Feb 28, 2019 @ 06:46
    Petros Florou

We are not upgrading to Umbraco 8 either, if courier is not available. I thought Umbraco deploy was for cloud?

• Rob Carlaw 21 posts 134 karma points
    Mar 05, 2019 @ 11:41
    Rob Carlaw

Any more on this?

I'm about to start a new Umbraco project and need to Staging/ Production process.

Am I best sticking with V7? or what options do I have for V8.

The link above was updated in July 2018 so I'm 100% it will work with V8.

*Feels wrong to start a new project without using the latest version.

• Carlos Gomes 38 posts 184 karma points
    Apr 26, 2019 @ 22:46
    Carlos Gomes

Hi guys,

Any news on this? This is an important point.

• Malte 7 posts 107 karma points
    Jun 24, 2019 @ 16:05
    Malte

Are there any news about Courier or Umbraco Deploy?

• Shola 65 posts 273 karma points
    Aug 23, 2019 @ 16:40
    Shola

I asked Umbraco support similar questions today:

Hello, I'm a bit at a crossroads here. I'd like to use Umbraco 8 instead of Umbraco 7 for my next project, though I have clients that require ownership of their infrastructure for legal reasons. This means I cannot use Umbraco Cloud.

At the same time I need a way to transfer content like I used to do with Courier and Umbraco 7. After a lot of digging (since it's not so obvious on the purchase page that Courier only applies to Umbraco 7), it looks like my only option would be to user a 3rd party plugin like uSync. I know you have something in the roadmap that allows for on-premise Umbraco 8 content deployment (similar to Courier), but that seems like a long ways away for something stable that I need now.

Question 1: So, for those of us in my situation that cannot use Umbraco Cloud, are the only options right now to A) use Umbraco 8 and uSync or B) stay with Umbraco 7 and Courier?

Question 2: I read somewhere that Umbraco 7 will receive critical patches til 2023. Given Umbraco 8 launched without Courier compatability, is Courier essentially deprecated for Umbraco 8+? If so, will Courier at least receive patches til 2023 too, along with Umbraco 7?

Answer:

First of all, you are correct that Umbraco Courier will not work with Umbraco 8. This means, that if you need a similar functionality on your Umbraco 8 projects, you'll need to use another tool. You mention uSync youself, which is a very good tool, that we like to recommend!

For your questions: 1: Both option A and option B are valid options. If you're accustomed to using Courier, I'd suggest that you stay with Umbraco 7 and Courier. If you're really eager to go Umbraco 8, I'd recommend that you try out uSync, as it essentially does the same as Umbraco Courier.

2: It is correct that we will continue to release critical patches for Umbraco 7 until 2023. I do believe the same goes for Umbraco Courier. No new features will be released though.

I hope that all makes sense, and answers your questions. Please let me know if there anything further I can help you with.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft