Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Keith R Hubbard 175 posts 403 karma points
    Mar 24, 2016 @ 22:23
    Keith R Hubbard

Email will not send email forms

None of the workflows will send email with different email accounts. Is there a log for email transactions? Mail server is configured in web.config.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 25, 2016 @ 10:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Keith

Usually whenever I experience trouble with emails not being sent there is an error message logged in the /App_Data/Logs file - So have a look at it and see if anything is marked with "ERROR". Depending on what SMTP server you're using to send out the email etc. there can be some invalid e-mail addresses that will not be accepted because they're blacklisted for some reason.

SMTP4dev is also a useful tool to figure out whether emails are being sent or not https://smtp4dev.codeplex.com/

Also remember to setup a default sender e-mail in the /config/umbracoSettings.config file in the "notifications" element.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Keith R Hubbard 175 posts 403 karma points
    Mar 29, 2016 @ 03:38
    Keith R Hubbard

After working on this and testing. I have to say that it has to do with the latest Version of umbraco 7.4.2 and the latest version of Umbraco forms. other sites work fine and have sent out mail. I also tested using known working email accounts and dumping to file folder and also smtpdev. I will note that after upgrading to Umbraco 7.42 with nuget, i did get a prompt for an upgrade of umbraco forms on the production server.

• Darrell Childers 9 posts 109 karma points
    Dec 21, 2016 @ 18:13
    Darrell Childers

I've been fighting this thing for a week now and I cannot get the submitted form to send an email using an uploaded xslt file. I just don't get it. Contour was so easy to configure an XSLT file and import it as a macro on the landing page. I've tried that in Umbraco 7.5.4 with Forms installed but it fails with this error:

"Cannot find a script or an extension object associated with namespace 'urn:umbraco.contour'. "

Every time I try just using the sample provided, absolutely nothing happens. The documentation on this is severely lacking. I need to be able to configure the XSLT file to send an email to the person who submitted the form (using the email address they provided). I don't want to include ALL the form information, only some of it. The XSLT file worked perfectly with Contour.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft