Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ross Ekberg 124 posts 364 karma points
    Apr 07, 2016 @ 19:24
    Ross Ekberg

Recaptcha and Forms not working

Recaptcha and Forms are not working correctly. When I submit a form, the 'Thank you' message doesn't show. Rather, the form clears and it appears nothing happened. Also, creating multi-page forms doesn't work; when clicking on 'Next' it just clears and refreshes the first page of the form.

The recaptcha is also not behaving correctly. When I submit the form and get the captcha incorrect, it posts back to the server and clears the whole form. It does seem to validate the captcha as it does state that it is incorrect. However, it shouldn't clear the form. This may be a part of the issue relating to the form submission itself not working, as mentioned above.

It would seem that the 'Model.SubmitHandled' method is always returning 'False'.

There was a patch recently released, 7.4.2, that contained a fix (U4-7708) that I hoped would solve the issue. It did not.

Does anyone have any insight as to what I can do? I am running v7.4.2, Forms v4.2.1. My default rendering engine is 'WebForms'.

EDIT: I should also mention that I have recently upgraded my install from v6.1.6 to 7.4.1. Our install is quite custom and I have gone through some lengthy steps in order to get everything working. As such, I didn't want to do a fresh install to install this patch (7.4.1 -> 7.4.2). Instead, I simply overwrote the bin, umbraco, and umbraco_client folder, as specified in the manual upgrade instructions. If anyone is familiar with this patch, perhaps they could specify which files were affected. Maybe I need to update Forms as well?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 08, 2016 @ 20:03
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ross,

I think that you should add your comments on a issue in our issue tracker for Umbraco Forms, so this can be fixed in a future releases of Umbraco Forms.

You can submit your issue here. http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/CON

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft