Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Almström 33 posts 159 karma points
    Apr 14, 2016 @ 08:32
    Martin Almström

Edit default texts in Umbraco Forms

Hi,

I've tried editing the DefaultRequiredErrorMessage key in ~/App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/UmbracoForms.config, but no success.

When I create a new form the default text still appears, and not the one I've entered in the UmbracoForms.config.

How do I "translate" all the default texts in Umbraco Forms?

I cannot find any entries to edit the default text for SubmitButtonLabel either.

Our editors do not wish to edit these values every time they create a new form.

Regards, Martin

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 14, 2016 @ 09:20
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Martin,

You can edit the default text for the submit button, by click the action menu on the form, and the choose the item called styling.

Try to have a look at this documentation https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Editor/Creating-a-form/Form-Settings/

And search for Styling then you should find the right chapter.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Apr 14, 2016 @ 09:26
    Martin Almström

Hi Dennis,

But isn't that still per form editing? Not default texts that are used every time?

I want to rename "Submit" to "Skicka" so that every time the editor creates a new for, they don't have to go inside the styling dialog and change the label.

Is this possible?

Also, when I change the default texts in UmbracoForms.config nothing happens in the backoffice. The english default texts are always shown in Actions > Validation dialog.

Regards,

/Martin

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 14, 2016 @ 10:09
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Martin,

The config file, for Forms has weird & long cache stuff. Currently cache is 6 hours for it. So give the app_pool/site a kick if you can.

Currently there is nothing to set all button texts like the config validation messages so for now have to go into each one and set it.

You can create a feature request here http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/CON

/Dennis

Apr 14, 2016 @ 10:45
    Martin Almström

Hey Dennis,

I've created a new issue.

Despite iisreset the DefaultRequiredErrorMessage and DefaultInvalidErrorMessage are still the default messages, and not the new texts I've supplied in the UmbracoForms.config.

Tho DefaultMessageOnSubmit works.

Thanks for your time.

/Martin

• Chris Anderson 1 post 71 karma points
    May 08, 2018 @ 16:54
    Chris Anderson

FWIW DefaultRequiredErrorMessage and DefaultInvalidErrorMessage are the default messages for new forms

i.e. if you update those values, and then create a new form, the new form will default its validation text to those values.

Any existing forms will need to be amended individually as described above

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft