Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Inmedia 124 posts 176 karma points
    Apr 20, 2016 @ 13:48
    Inmedia

I am looking for a Contour Expert to help me out

Hi

I am having trouble with Contour on a clients website. All of a sudden Contour stopped sending email when a new entrie is submitted. It worked some weeks ago, but now it doesn't, and nothing has changed on the website. I already checked the SMTP settings in the web.config file, and it is correct. And the entries appear in the Contour section of Umbraco.

The website is running on Umbraco 6.1.6

I have no idea what is wrong or how to fix this problem.

Therefor I am looking for a "Contour Expert" to help me out, and I will gladly pay for the services.

I would prefer a danish developer, but it is not a condition.

So who can help me out here?

Please contact me on info(a)inmedia.dk or in this thread...

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 20, 2016 @ 14:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Inmedia

Could the SMTP server perhaps be down for some reason?

Try having a look in the /App_Data/Logs folder and see if there are any "ERROR" messages related to the issue. In my experience there usually are some helpful error messages whenever the sending of an e-mail either using contour/forms or from custom forms fail.

So it might be worth checking that out to get some more clues.

/Jan

• Inmedia 124 posts 176 karma points
    Apr 21, 2016 @ 07:56
    Inmedia

No, I allready checked if the SMTP server could be down, but that is not it...

I have looked in the App_Data/Logs and I have found something, but I don't understand what it means.

This is what I get:

2016-04-20 14:56:08,955 [8] INFO  umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log - [Thread 21] Redirected log call (please use Umbraco.Core.Logging.LogHelper instead of umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log) | Type: Error | User: 0 | NodeId: -1 | Comment: umbracoForms:System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Transaction failed. The server response was: 5.7.1 <unknown[94.231.109.4]>: Client host rejected: Internal relay is not allowed
       at System.Net.Mail.RecipientCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)
       at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
       at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.WorkflowTypes.SendEmail.Execute(Record record, RecordEventArgs e) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\fd622d7f786e1305\Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers\WorkflowTypes\SendEmail.cs:line 123
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.WorkflowService.ExecuteWorkflows(List`1 workflows, RecordEventArgs e) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\fd622d7f786e1305\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Services\WorkflowService\WorkflowService.cs:line 148
    2016-04-20 14:56:08,970 [8] INFO  umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log - [Thread 26] Redirected log call (please use Umbraco.Core.Logging.LogHelper instead of umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log) | Type: Error | User: 0 | NodeId: -1 | Comment: umbracoForms:System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Transaction failed. The server response was: 5.7.1 <unknown[94.231.109.4]>: Client host rejected: Internal relay is not allowed
       at System.Net.Mail.RecipientCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)
       at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
       at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.WorkflowTypes.SendEmail.Execute(Record record, RecordEventArgs e) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\fd622d7f786e1305\Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers\WorkflowTypes\SendEmail.cs:line 123
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.WorkflowService.ExecuteWorkflows(List`1 workflows, RecordEventArgs e) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\fd622d7f786e1305\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Services\WorkflowService\WorkflowService.cs:line 148

Can you tell me anything from this or is it no help?

If you can, maybe I can hire you to solve this for me? :)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 21, 2016 @ 08:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi again

The 5.7.1 code means that the mailbox is unavailable - I'm no expert a this but perhaps this thread on stackoverflow can help? http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3165721/mailbox-unavailable-the-server-response-was-5-7-1-unable-to-relay-for-abcxyz - Otherwise perhaps try contacting the hosting provider and ask if they're having issues in their end or can figure out what might be wrong?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft