Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• denisedelbando 141 posts 339 karma points
    May 03, 2016 @ 20:57
    denisedelbando

Upgrade to 7.4.3 from 7.2.8 caused errors

Does anyone know why this is occuring when i upgrade umbraco?

Could not load all types from "Umbraco.Forms.Web, Version=4.1.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" due to LoaderExceptions, skipping: . System.TypeLoadException on Umbraco.Forms.Web.Trees.DataSourceTreeController: Method 'GetTreeNodes' in type 'Umbraco.Forms.Web.Trees.DataSourceTreeController' from assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Web, Version=4.1.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation. . System.TypeLoadException on Umbraco.Forms.Web.Trees.FormTreeController: Method 'GetTreeNodes' in type 'Umbraco.Forms.Web.Trees.FormTreeController' from assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Web, Version=4.1.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation. . System.TypeLoadException on Umbraco.Forms.Web.Trees.PreValueSourceTreeController: Method 'GetTreeNodes' in type 'Umbraco.Forms.Web.Trees.PreValueSourceTreeController' from assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Web, Version=4.1.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 04, 2016 @ 05:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Denisedelbando

I guess it can be caused by many things - I think it will be easier to point in the right direction if you can provide some more information about your setup.

• What database are you using?
    • What approach did you take when upgrading? Was it using nuget? Or was it manually?
    • Where do you run the upgrade? Locally or on a staging or live environment? What server / operating system are you using?

Perhaps reading the upgrade instructions for 7.3 can provide some hints on what to try out from the documentation here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/version-specific

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

May 04, 2016 @ 14:00
    denisedelbando

database is: MSSQL12.SQLDB2014 approach is manual upgrade is done locally.

your link gave me an idea. thank you. will write a post if i fix it.

May 04, 2016 @ 15:10
    denisedelbando

so this is how i fixed it.

1. i did the changes for version 7.3 & 7.4 of your link.
    2. copied over bin folder
    3. still didnt work so I deleted dlls i wrote (custom) and deleted umbraco forms dll cause it was still giving issue
    4. copied over Microsoft.Owin dependentAssembly section in web.config
    5. copied over the assemblies section in web.config.
    6. deleted old umbraco and umbraco_client folder and moved the new ones
    7. finally went to /umbraco to install changes. (i think it made updates to the database
    8. finally put back the deleted dlls in step 3.

it worked. yey. thanks

..update as of June 20, 2016. Other notes:

1. it is better to upgrade umbraco form first before doing the upgrade in umbraco.
    2. need to run a script in media errors https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/76280-image-media-library-error-with-742-upgrade
    3. (if you have redirects) https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/52843-Issue-upgrading-from-704-to-712
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 04, 2016 @ 21:08
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Denise

Very happy that I was able to give you an idea for how to approach the issue and thank you for sharing this in such details - It might come in handy for other coming across this post dealing with the same issue - Hi 5 you rock! :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft