Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hassan 79 posts 264 karma points
    May 14, 2016 @ 07:35
    Hassan

Downgrade umbraco forms 4.2.1 to 4.1.5

If I downgrade umbraco forms 4.2.1 to 4.1.5, what will happen to my data? Will my form's data delete or not? Is there any way to keep data in this downgrade ?

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    May 14, 2016 @ 10:06
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Hassan. Could i ask, why do you want to downgrade?

Second i dont think (think) that this would have any affect on your data, but im not sure since i´ve never downgraded, but you should off-course do a backup before. Also you could just take a copy of your solution and try downgrading locally and then you´ll see if this affects your data.

Best of luck to you!!

• Hassan 79 posts 264 karma points
    May 14, 2016 @ 10:54
    Hassan

Hi Dennis. Actually 4.2.1 make me crazy :) I can not create any Datasource or Prevalue source in it. I followed the solutions for this problem, but they did not help me. In version 4.1.5, I can do them easily, but in 4.2.1 I can not.

Thanks for your reply.

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    May 14, 2016 @ 13:36
    Dennis Adolfi

Ah im sorry about that Hassan, i can see you have been in contact with Warren on this thread about upgrade to nighly build not working for you. http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-934. I had the exact same problem but the zip upgrade fixed everything for me. Did you Bump your clientdependancy number efter upgrading? Could be worth a shot.

Otherwise i would advise you to backup your website and try doing the downgrade. If it work, awesome, if not, you can just go back to your backup.

Best of luck to you!!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft