Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Smith 79 posts 110 karma points
    May 31, 2016 @ 09:38
    Matt Smith

Create PDF on local machine when submitting

Hi, We have a scenario where someone completing a form needs to retain a copy of the details for their records.

The form is submitted securely (through a workflow we have built). It is not appropriate for a copy of the data to be emailed back to the person completing the form, due to the type of data contained.

I was thinking perhaps a PDF (or other) could be generated locally when the form is submitted, which can then be saved by the user on their machine.

Has anyone ever done anything like that before? Many thanks, Matt

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 31, 2016 @ 10:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matt

I'm wondering if this jsPdf library could perhaps be of any use? https://parall.ax/products/jspdf

I'm thinking that when the person hits the submit button you create the PDF and either attach is somewhere on the page where it makes sense (requires ajax submitting) so the user can click the link and manually download the receipt or you do a prompt somehow...could this be a way of achieving what you want?

Otherwise you can probably also hook into a .net library, which can generate the PDF for you if you don't submit the form using ajax for instance.

/Jan

• Matt Smith 79 posts 110 karma points
    Jun 03, 2016 @ 15:34
    Matt Smith

Thanks Jan and sorry for delayed response.

I'll take a look at the solution suggested above.

Thanks, Matt

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 05, 2023 @ 20:03
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi,

Do you have any ideas about the best way to do PDF export of forms records for Umbraco 10? Still, Js library would be the case?

Thanks, Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft