Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• [email protected] 406 posts 2135 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 02, 2016 @ 06:21
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com

Conditional next step in a multiple-step form

Hi all,

what could be a possible approach to implement a multi-step-form, where a radiobuttonlist in the first step determines which steps are reachable and visible in the form?

Let's say we have a form with six steps, and on the first step there is a radiobuttonlist with the following options.

• Show step 2
    • Show step 3
    • Show step 4
    • Show step 5

If you check only step 3, the "next" button on the first step would take you to step 3, instead of step 2.

I don't think it's possible out of the box, or is it? I have no problem to code some stuff up, but I have no clue where to begin my approach.

Hope anyone could help me out!

Cheers, Jeffrey

• Lars-Erik Aabech 349 posts 1100 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 02, 2016 @ 08:09
    Lars-Erik Aabech

Hi,

As mentioned on twitter, if you derive a controller form the builtin controller, you can write some custom logic using the conditions on fieldsets or fields.

Here's a sample:
    https://gist.github.com/lars-erik/7a0028f28b93385574b68ce11276bd7a

I use it with fieldset conditions to make pages go away if not relevant. :)

• Gerjan 19 posts 78 karma points
    Jun 02, 2016 @ 11:35
    Gerjan

Jeffrey Schoemaker it does is possible with the standard forms. Set the default condition of a step to 'hide' or something. And only show when the other codition is true (checkbox value x)

• Antoinette Silago 21 posts 92 karma points notactivated
    Jan 18, 2017 @ 23:17
    Antoinette Silago

Is this possible to do in a partial view? Based on certain user selection and submits page, it will display different pages?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft