Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Drew Mayo 24 posts 125 karma points
    Jun 03, 2016 @ 15:35
    Drew Mayo

Umbraco Forms won't reload macros after postback

All I installed Umbraco Forms to my Umbraco 7.2.4 project using the version released yesterday June 2 and I'm running into a couple of issues:

• RenderUmbracoFormScripts.cshtml was missing the parameter of recordId when calling the Render method of the UmbracoForms controller. Easy enough to fix, but I thought I would call it out.

The issue I haven't figured out is that I get the error "Error loading Partial View script (file: ~/Views/MacroPartials/InsertUmbracoForm.cshtml)" after the post back of a form (actually both macros won't load). I can see the form when the page loads, submit it, see the record created in the back end, yet the macros won't load afterward. The only setting I changed was to add mode="form" in InsertUmbracoForm.cshtml.

I've tried setting break points on where the macros are called. The breakpoints are hit when the pages initially loads, but not after the postback. I tried creating the simplest of form with little else (no route hijacking, no master page, etc) and I had the same result. I also used @Umbraco.RenderMacro("FormsRenderForm", new { FormGuid = "my forms guid" }) to isolate off everything else.

Anyway I could use a point in the right direction. Thanks in advance,

Drew

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jun 05, 2016 @ 08:02
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You can debug this better by going into ~/Config/UmbracoSettings.config and setting MacroErrors to throw instead of inline. That way you can see what the real error is.

Jun 06, 2016 @ 15:17
    Drew Mayo

Thanks Sebastiaan. I changed the MacroErrors setting to throw to get the real error. It's in the screen shot below (the file paths are slightly edited to remove sensitive words):

enter image description here

I've seen this error a handful of times in the past in other code bases, but I don't have the source to Forms. Any help is definitely appreciated,

Drew

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jun 06, 2016 @ 16:17
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Ah unfortunately that's actually a bug that was fixed in 7.3.0 and later, there's not much I can do for you there but recommed you upgrade. And if you're doing that anyway I wholeheartedly recommend you go straight to 7.4.3. :)

This is the bug: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6721

By the way, we're aware of the recordId parameter missing in Forms, an update will be out soon to fix that, thanks. :)

Jun 07, 2016 @ 19:50
    Drew Mayo

Thanks Sebastiaan, we know we need to get upgraded to a more current version, and this is probably the push we needed to do so. Thanks for the help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft