Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tony Perry 4 posts 85 karma points notactivated
    Jun 30, 2016 @ 09:42
    Tony Perry

'Specified Cast is invalid'

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Umbraco, and have been dropped in at the deep end and have been asked to look into issues on our current company website.

The one issue that our marketing department have flagged up as urgent is an issue with the forms module.

When a customer fills in the form, some of them are getting "Specified Cast is invalid". I've seen that there was an issue with the system back in 3.0.17, where this error would be shown when a date was invalid or not filled in. We have a date picker on the form, but adding in a date (some have suggested 12/12/2012) or leaving it blank caused the issue.

We are using 3.0.28 against Umbraco 7.4.1 assembly: 1.0.5891.23238, and for the life of me I can't get the error to happen. Our marketing department say this is happening on a regular basis, and I know, I shouldn't trust marketing ;)

So, for my questions:

1. Does UF log errors anywhere?
    2. Is there anyway to change the error message that is displayed to the user?

TIA,

Tony

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Jul 08, 2016 @ 10:40
    Warren Buckley

Hello Tony,
    Any exceptions caused by Umbraco or Umbraco Forms should be logged in a log file found at /App_Data/Logs

Hopefully this will give you more insight into the problem.

Thanks,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft