Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Sølvsteen 5 posts 35 karma points
    Jul 07, 2016 @ 05:56
    Michael Sølvsteen

Can't change when to run a workflow

Hi, I have a problem, with a custom built workflow, that requires the record to be saved, before executing the workflow.

It seems that the UI for changing when the workflow is being executing, has been removed, which means that my workflow doesn't work, because it's executing on "Submitted". However, if I change the workflow .json file and set the "executesOn" attribute to "Approved" it works as it should.

Am I doing something wrong, or are the editor no longer allowed to control when to execute a workflow?

I'm running Umbraco 7.4.3 and Forms 4.3.2.

// Michael

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Jul 08, 2016 @ 10:20
    Warren Buckley

Hello Michael,
    The workflow UI has changed slightly in new forms.

The form needs to be set to Post Moderation in the Settings of the form. This will then show the option for workflows to be executed on approval.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks,
    Warren

• Michael Sølvsteen 5 posts 35 karma points
    Jul 11, 2016 @ 05:49
    Michael Sølvsteen

Ah cool, thanks! That was pretty much the only thing I didn't try :)

• Julian C. 16 posts 73 karma points
    Oct 05, 2016 @ 16:25
    Julian C.

I had the same issue after upgrading from Forms 4.1 to 4.3.

However, setting the form to Post Moderation isn't a valid option for me. I have a workflow that runs immediately, but which modifies the form record. According to other discussions, this means I have to run the workflow on approval, not on submit, and this is how it was set up on 4.1.

After upgrade, I can no longer see or edit that workflow in the back end! (In fact it does still run on the front end, which could lead to confusion!)

To me, having a workflow that runs on approval even without Post Moderation is still valid, and the back end should allow me to edit existing forms that were set up this way on 4.1.

I have solved it for now by removing the ng-if from line 225 of umb-forms-designer-new.html and from lines 69 and 71 of worflows-overview.html

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft