Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark 255 posts 612 karma points
    Aug 04, 2016 @ 10:34
    Mark

Thank you message not displaying

Instead of displaying the thank you message that I have configured via the "message on submit" workflow, it renders the form again. I have not specified a "Go to page" as I assume that's not necessary

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 04, 2016 @ 11:01
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Mark,

It´s not necessary specified a "Go to page" because you want it to use the thank you message.

Which version of Umbraco CMS and Umbraco Forms are you using?

Are you seen any errors in the browser console?

Best,

-Dennis

Aug 04, 2016 @ 12:26
    Mark

Hi Dennis,

Current installed version of Umbraco Forms: "4.3.2"

Umbraco version 7.4.1 assembly: 1.0.5891.23238

I can't see any errors in the browser console or network tabs (chrome)

Nor can I see any errors in the UmbracoTraceLog file :(

Aug 04, 2016 @ 13:14
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Mark,

I have just tried to setup an Umbraco version 7.4.1 installation and install the TXT starter kit.

Then I installed the Umbraco Forms 4.3.2, and setup an contact form. When I submit the form I am getting the Thank you message.

So can´t can´t repo the issue that you are getting with the Thank you message not displaying.

So it must be something in your Umbraco installation, that do that you don´t get the Thank you page.

/Dennis

Aug 16, 2016 @ 19:34
    Mark

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the response, and sorry for the delay, I've been away this past week.

Could it be something to do with not having a license?

Aug 18, 2016 @ 09:26
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Mark,

It should work even if you do not have a license to Forms yet.

/Dennis

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Mar 09, 2018 @ 01:39
    Chris Mahoney

Did you ever figure this out? I'm running Forms 4.4.6 on Umbraco 7.5.14 (which was an upgrade from 6.2.5) and it just reloads the page without displaying the "thank you" message. I'm not even sure where to begin troubleshooting this one (nothing is added to the log).

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Mar 23, 2018 @ 00:34
    Chris Mahoney

I've just done a fresh install of 7.5.14, switched it over to the WebForms engine, and installed Forms 4.4.6. I created a form, hit Submit... and didn't get the "thank you" message.

I can't actually find any documentation for Forms (the "Documentation" tab on https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/umbraco-forms/ has nothing in it); is Forms 4.4.6 supposed to work in WebForms mode or does it need MVC? If it doesn't work, which is the latest WebForms-compatible version?

Edit: I found the docs; they're linked from the middle of the change log on the page listed above. They don't, however, seem to list requirements. But I also found a message buried on the forums which states that Forms doesn't work with WebForms.

So, back to Contour...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft