Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Fabian 21 posts 102 karma points
    Aug 05, 2016 @ 13:07
    Steve Fabian

Error after trying to install forms

I'm getting this error after trying to install Umbraco forms...

Could not load type 'Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.RecordService' from assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Core, Version=4.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Aug 05, 2016 @ 14:36
    Steve Fabian

I was able to get the site running again by following these instructions:

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/59702-Umbraco-Forms-Record-Service#comment-207901

So what is the difference between Contour Forms and the regular Umbraco Forms?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Aug 05, 2016 @ 15:02
    Nicholas Westby

Umbraco Forms is essentially the successor to Contour. You can think of it as a rebuilt version that borrows a lot of things from Contour.

Aug 05, 2016 @ 15:12
    Steve Fabian

Nicholas, Thanks for the reply. So is Umbraco forms free? I purchased a license for Contour forms but it sounds like I should not use it and go with Umbraco Forms instead.

Aug 05, 2016 @ 15:18
    Nicholas Westby

FYI, the license for Contour should work for Umbraco Forms as well (neither of them are free, but the licenses work for both). And yes, if you are starting a new project, you would probably want to choose Umbraco Forms over Contour.

Aug 05, 2016 @ 15:31
    Steve Fabian

Nicholas, Thanks again. Sorry for all the questions. I am just learning Umbraco. I uninstalled Contour. How do I install forms?

Aug 05, 2016 @ 16:28
    Nicholas Westby

I believe the latest versions of Umbraco have a "Forms" section (shown on the left of the screen in the back office). When you click that, it shows you a screen that has an install button.

Alternatively, you can download it and install the local package: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/umbraco-forms/

• Nurhak Kaya 53 posts 147 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Aug 08, 2016 @ 10:11
    Nurhak Kaya

Hello,

Is there anyone who has successfully installed Umbraco Forms please? When I try to install it from "Umbraco package Repository", it starts installing it normally and then throws the following exception. I need to delete all the dlls in the bin folder and rebuild the project in order to make umbraco site work again, and I see Umbraco Forms as one of the installed packages but when I go to Umbraco Forms page, it asks me to install it and I can't install it.

Any idea how I can install Umbraco Forms please?

I have already Umbraco contour installed and I have been using it for a while. Below are the details and the exception that I see:

Umbraco version 7.4.2 assembly: 1.0.5921.28477 Umbraco Contour version 3.0.28 Umbraco Forms version 4.3.2

Could not load type 'Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.RecordService' from assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Core, Version=4.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.RecordService' from assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Core, Version=4.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Stack Trace:

[TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.RecordService' from assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Core, Version=4.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.]
    Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.FormManager.Synchronize() +0
    Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.UmbracoManager.Synchronize() +140
    Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.UmbracoManager.SynchronizeIfNotSynchronized() +128 Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.ContourFormBuilderHttpModule.context_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +48
    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +142 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +92

Aug 08, 2016 @ 14:21
    Nicholas Westby

Looks like you need to remove a line from your web.config: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/59702-Umbraco-Forms-Record-Service

Aug 09, 2016 @ 16:19
    Nurhak Kaya

Thanks Nicholas for the reply. That was the first thing I actually tried and it didn't fix the problem unfortunately. I have tried many different things and still no luck.

Btw I created a new Umbraco 7 project and installed Umbraco Forms without any problem, I need to do the same thing on an existing project.

Aug 09, 2016 @ 16:31
    Nicholas Westby

Can you confirm that you have done each of the following:

• Removed all existing Contour DLL's (I believe they start with "Umbraco.Forms" for the most part), including the CodeFirst DLL's (as indicated by Sunnefa on the other thread).
    • Removed BOTH instances of ContourFormBuilderHttpModule from the web.config (it apparently appears twice in the web.config).
    • Removed Contour remnants from applications.config and trees.config.

I would recommend using WinMerge to compare your new project against your existing project to see if there are any other important differences.

Aug 10, 2016 @ 10:51
    Nurhak Kaya

I confirm that I have done each of those steps. I might use WinMerge to compare my new project against my old one. Thank you for that. I will post here if I find a solution to this problem.

Nov 02, 2016 @ 15:04
    Nurhak Kaya

I finally spared some time for this and managed to install Umbraco forms after a lot of pain. Below are the steps that I followed, hope it helps other people;

• Remove all the Umbraco Contour references from your project. Below are the Umbraco Contour References.

Umbraco.Forms.Core.dll

Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.dll

Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.dll

Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.V6.dll

Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.V7.dll

Umbraco.Forms.Mvc.dll

Umbraco.Forms.References.dll

Umbraco.Forms.UI.dll

Umbraco.Licensing.dll

• Remove all Umbraco Contour files from your project. In order to understand which files these are; I downloaded Umbraco Contour package from Contour Home Page and checked package.xml file. Apparently Contour has files&dlls in these following locations;

"/bin"

"/macroScripts"

"/umbraco/images/tray"

"/umbraco/images/umbraco"

"/umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour"

"/umbraco/xslt/templates/Schema2"

"/umbraco/xslt/templates"

• Go to your solution in Visual Studio, right click on your solution and click on Manage Nuget Packages For Solution and update your umbraco packages. My Umbraco version is now 7.4.3 assembly: 1.0.5948.18141, I couldn't install Umbraco.Forms to Umbraco version 7.4.2, that is why I needed to do the following updates. That is how my umbraco packages look like for my solution after the updates;

Umbraco.ModelsBuilder v3.0.5

UmbracoCms v7.5.4

UmbracoCms.Core v7.5.4

UmbracoForms v4.3.3

UmbracoForms.Core v4.3.3

• Now go to your data base and run the following script, this basically renames Contour tables and some Contour table constraint names, if you don't do this, you will see problems while installing umbraco.forms.

use [YOURUmbraco7DB] go

EXEC sp_rename UFDataSourceMappings, ContourUFDataSourceMappings

EXEC sp_rename UFDataSources, ContourUFDataSources

EXEC sp_rename UFFieldConditionRules, ContourUFFieldConditionRules

EXEC sp_rename UFFieldConditions, ContourUFFieldConditions

EXEC sp_rename UFFields, ContourUFFields

EXEC sp_rename UFFieldsets, ContourUFFieldsets

EXEC sp_rename UFFieldSettings, ContourUFFieldSettings

EXEC sp_rename UFForms, ContourUFForms

EXEC sp_rename UFFormStates, ContourUFFormStates

EXEC sp_rename UFPages, ContourUFPages

EXEC sp_rename UFPrevalues, ContourUFPrevalues

EXEC sp_rename UFPrevalueSources, ContourUFPrevalueSources

EXEC sp_rename UFPrevalueSourceSettings, ContourUFPrevalueSourceSettings

EXEC sp_rename UFRecordDataBit, ContourUFRecordDataBit

EXEC sp_rename UFRecordDataDateTime, ContourUFRecordDataDateTime

EXEC sp_rename UFRecordDataInteger, ContourUFRecordDataInteger

EXEC sp_rename UFRecordDataLongString, ContourUFRecordDataLongString

EXEC sp_rename UFRecordDataString, ContourUFRecordDataString

EXEC sp_rename UFRecordFields, ContourUFRecordFields

EXEC sp_rename UFRecords, ContourUFRecords

EXEC sp_rename UFRecordsXml, ContourUFRecordsXml

EXEC sp_rename UFSettings, ContourUFSettings

EXEC sp_rename UFUserFormSecurity, ContourUFUserFormSecurity

EXEC sp_rename UFUserSecurity, ContourUFUserSecurity

EXEC sp_rename UFWorkflowExecutionStates, ContourUFWorkflowExecutionStates

EXEC sp_rename UFWorkflows, ContourUFWorkflows

EXEC sp_rename UFWorkflowsToForms, ContourUFWorkflowsToForms

EXEC sprename 'FKUFRecordDataBitUFRecordFields', 'FKContourUFRecordDataBit_UFRecordFields', 'OBJECT';

EXEC sprename 'FKUFRecordDataDateTimeUFRecordFields', 'FKContourUFRecordDataDateTime_UFRecordFields', 'OBJECT';

EXEC sprename 'FKUFRecordDataIntegerUFRecordFields', 'FKContourUFRecordDataInteger_UFRecordFields', 'OBJECT';

EXEC sprename 'FKUFRecordDataLongStringUFRecordFields', 'FKContourUFRecordDataLongString_UFRecordFields', 'OBJECT';

EXEC sprename 'FKUFRecordDataStringUFRecordFields', 'FKContourUFRecordDataString_UFRecordFields', 'OBJECT';

EXEC sprename 'PKUFRecordFields', 'PK_ContourUFRecordFields', 'OBJECT';

EXEC sprename 'FKUFRecordFieldsUFFields', 'FKContourUFRecordFields_UFFields', 'OBJECT';

EXEC sprename 'FKUFRecordFieldsUFRecords', 'FKContourUFRecordFields_UFRecords', 'OBJECT';

EXEC sprename 'PKUFRecords', 'PK_ContourUFRecords', 'OBJECT';

EXEC sprename 'FKUFRecordsUFForms', 'FKContourUFRecords_UFForms', 'OBJECT';

EXEC sprename 'PKUFRecordsXml', 'PK_ContourUFRecordsXml', 'OBJECT';

EXEC sprename 'FKUFRecordsXmlUFForms', 'FKContourUFRecordsXml_UFForms', 'OBJECT';

• In case you need to create Umbraco.Forms tables, below is the script that you can use but you SHOULDN'T do this ideally as umbraco should create those tables automatically after Umbraco forms installation, so if you have problems with creating the tables automatically, sort that problem first rather that using the following script.

use [YOURUmbraco7DB] go

--UFUserSecurity SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[UFUserSecurity]( [User] nvarchar NOT NULL, [ManageDataSources] [bit] NOT NULL, [ManagePreValueSources] [bit] NOT NULL, [ManageWorkflows] [bit] NOT NULL, [ManageForms] [bit] NOT NULL ) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

--UFUserFormSecurity SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[UFUserFormSecurity]( [Id] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [User] nvarchar NOT NULL, [Form] [uniqueidentifier] NOT NULL, [HasAccess] [bit] NOT NULL, [AllowInEditor] [bit] NOT NULL, [SecurityType] [int] NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT [Id] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [Id] ASC )WITH (PADINDEX = OFF, STATISTICSNORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNOREDUPKEY = OFF, ALLOWROWLOCKS = ON, ALLOWPAGELOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY] ) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

--UFRecords SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[UFRecords]( [Id] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [Form] [uniqueidentifier] NOT NULL, [Created] [datetime] NOT NULL, [Updated] [datetime] NOT NULL, [CurrentPage] [uniqueidentifier] NULL, [UmbracoPageId] [int] NULL, [IP] nvarchar NULL, [MemberKey] nvarchar NULL, [UniqueId] [uniqueidentifier] NOT NULL, [State] nvarchar NULL, [RecordData] [ntext] NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT [PKUFRecords] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [Id] ASC )WITH (PADINDEX = OFF, STATISTICSNORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNOREDUPKEY = OFF, ALLOWROWLOCKS = ON, ALLOWPAGELOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY] ) ON [PRIMARY] TEXTIMAGEON [PRIMARY]

GO

--UFRecordFields SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[UFRecordFields]( [Key] [uniqueidentifier] NOT NULL, [FieldId] [uniqueidentifier] NOT NULL, [Record] [int] NOT NULL, [Alias] nvarchar NOT NULL, [DataType] nvarchar NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT [PKUFRecordFields] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [Key] ASC )WITH (PADINDEX = OFF, STATISTICSNORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNOREDUPKEY = OFF, ALLOWROWLOCKS = ON, ALLOWPAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY] ) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

--UFRecordDataString SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[UFRecordDataString]( [Id] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [Key] [uniqueidentifier] NOT NULL, [Value] nvarchar NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT [PKUFRecordDataString] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [Id] ASC )WITH (PADINDEX = OFF, STATISTICSNORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNOREDUPKEY = OFF, ALLOWROWLOCKS = ON, ALLOWPAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY] ) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[UFRecordDataString] WITH CHECK ADD CONSTRAINT [FKUFRecordDataStringUFRecordFields_Key] FOREIGN KEY([Key]) REFERENCES [dbo].[UFRecordFields] ([Key]) GO

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[UFRecordDataString] CHECK CONSTRAINT [FKUFRecordDataStringUFRecordFields_Key] GO

--UFRecordDataLongString SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[UFRecordDataLongString]( [Id] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [Key] [uniqueidentifier] NOT NULL, [Value] [ntext] NULL, CONSTRAINT [PKUFRecordDataLongString] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [Id] ASC )WITH (PADINDEX = OFF, STATISTICSNORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNOREDUPKEY = OFF, ALLOWROWLOCKS = ON, ALLOWPAGELOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY] ) ON [PRIMARY] TEXTIMAGEON [PRIMARY]

GO

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[UFRecordDataLongString] WITH CHECK ADD CONSTRAINT [FKUFRecordDataLongStringUFRecordFields_Key] FOREIGN KEY([Key]) REFERENCES [dbo].[UFRecordFields] ([Key]) GO

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[UFRecordDataLongString] CHECK CONSTRAINT [FKUFRecordDataLongStringUFRecordFields_Key] GO

--UFRecordDataInteger SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[UFRecordDataInteger]( [Id] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [Key] [uniqueidentifier] NOT NULL, [Value] [int] NULL, CONSTRAINT [PKUFRecordDataInteger] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [Id] ASC )WITH (PADINDEX = OFF, STATISTICSNORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNOREDUPKEY = OFF, ALLOWROWLOCKS = ON, ALLOWPAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY] ) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[UFRecordDataInteger] WITH CHECK ADD CONSTRAINT [FKUFRecordDataIntegerUFRecordFields_Key] FOREIGN KEY([Key]) REFERENCES [dbo].[UFRecordFields] ([Key]) GO

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[UFRecordDataInteger] CHECK CONSTRAINT [FKUFRecordDataIntegerUFRecordFields_Key] GO

--UFRecordDataDateTime SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[UFRecordDataDateTime]( [Id] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [Key] [uniqueidentifier] NOT NULL, [Value] [datetime] NULL, CONSTRAINT [PKUFRecordDataDateTime] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [Id] ASC )WITH (PADINDEX = OFF, STATISTICSNORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNOREDUPKEY = OFF, ALLOWROWLOCKS = ON, ALLOWPAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY] ) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[UFRecordDataDateTime] WITH CHECK ADD CONSTRAINT [FKUFRecordDataDateTimeUFRecordFields_Key] FOREIGN KEY([Key]) REFERENCES [dbo].[UFRecordFields] ([Key]) GO

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[UFRecordDataDateTime] CHECK CONSTRAINT [FKUFRecordDataDateTimeUFRecordFields_Key] GO

--UFRecordDataBit SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[UFRecordDataBit]( [Id] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [Key] [uniqueidentifier] NOT NULL, [Value] [bit] NULL, CONSTRAINT [PKUFRecordDataBit] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [Id] ASC )WITH (PADINDEX = OFF, STATISTICSNORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNOREDUPKEY = OFF, ALLOWROWLOCKS = ON, ALLOWPAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY] ) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[UFRecordDataBit] WITH CHECK ADD CONSTRAINT [FKUFRecordDataBitUFRecordFields_Key] FOREIGN KEY([Key]) REFERENCES [dbo].[UFRecordFields] ([Key]) GO

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[UFRecordDataBit] CHECK CONSTRAINT [FKUFRecordDataBitUFRecordFields_Key] GO

• If you have some custom Contour extensions, please remove them from the project, in my case I had a class library which I was referencing from the umbraco project, I removed it.

• Make sure you can build your solution and then install Umbraco.Forms from Nuget Package manager. After installation, after you build, you should see Umbraco.Forms tables created in your database.

• As I was installing Umbraco.Forms, I experienced "umbraco forms nullreferenceexception at System.Object.GetType() at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeExtensions." problem and I fixed this problem by following this solution.

• After doing all these things, when I logged in to Umbraco backoffice, in the Forms section, I saw that all was ready to create Umbraco.Forms. I hope this long answer might help you as well.

Happy coding.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft