Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Yasir Butt 161 posts 371 karma points
    Sep 06, 2016 @ 12:51
    Yasir Butt

Error after installing Umbraco forms on Umbraco 7.5.3

Hi,

We are getting error after installing Umbraco forms on umbraco 7.5.3.

Background: We had Umbraco 7.4.3 then upgrade to latest 7.5.3 then install Umbraco forms.

Strange thing is that after installing Umbraco forms i am still seeing the Install Form window. When i try to create new form then getting error in console.

Error in console is http://dev.vikenfiber.no/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoForms/FormSecurity/GetByUserId?userId=5 500 (Internal Server Error)

Any one have this issue and help us to get through.

Yasir

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Sep 23, 2016 @ 08:07
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Yasir.

Im not sure if you solved this yourself, but i just got the same error and found a soultion so i thought a chip in in case someone else has the same problem in the future.

Backround: After installing Umbraco Forms (v.4.3.2) on a clean Umbraco (7.5.3) everything looked great at first. I could create new forms, then insert them into views etc. But after a while when i needed to change one of my existing forms, i got the same error as you:

NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error - http://domain.com/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoForms/FormSecurity/GetByUserId?userId=0

I got this same error everywhere in the backoffice that has something to do with Forms (Create/Edit Prevalue sources, Create/Edit Forms, Users Forms Security).

enter image description here

The error sounded like the kind of error you get when you are using a Single() method on a list and there are more than one result, so I went to check the SQL database and found in the table dbo.UFUserFormSecurity and saw this:

enter image description here

For some reason there are two entries with the same User Id = 0 and the same form guid. Note that this was a clean install, whitout me touching anything in the code, only created a form.

Solution: Removing one of these lines fixed everything. (I removed the last one, Id = 4).

Hope this can be helpful to anyone.

Take care!

• Damien Holley 179 posts 540 karma points
    May 04, 2021 @ 05:22
    Damien Holley

This can also happen with the forms themseleves, I suspect mostly ocurring with usync.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft