Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ryan 34 posts 138 karma points
    Sep 07, 2016 @ 15:38
    Ryan

Error when trying to export form entries

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Umbraco forms from contour and have run into a issue preventing us from exporting any of the form entries.

When i try and export the entries I'm seeing these 500 server errors in the console:

/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoForms/Licensing/GetLicenseStatus
    /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoForms/Export/PostGenerateExport

It's worth noting that apart from the export the forms are behaving as expected, I'm also 99.9% sure that the license is correct so I'm a bit stumped as to why I'm seeing the first error.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

Thanks

• Laureline 20 posts 161 karma points
    Sep 28, 2016 @ 10:55
    Laureline

I have the same problem! !

Anyone ?

• Christopher 28 posts 173 karma points
    Oct 19, 2016 @ 08:02
    Christopher

We're not getting the licence error (we have a valid licence), however we are getting a 500 when trying to export the data from any form.

Has anybody managed to export data using the UI? Or are we going to have to manually write an export tool?

• Ryan 34 posts 138 karma points
    Oct 19, 2016 @ 08:48
    Ryan

Just a heads up, our content team created the forms and had put some special characters in the form names causing the export error. Might be worth checking your form names.

• Christopher 28 posts 173 karma points
    Oct 19, 2016 @ 08:50
    Christopher

Oh dear. The form name had a question mark in it (because it was being used as a simplistic survey "How did you hear about this site?") and removing that allows it to be exported.

Awesome Ryan; can't believe I didn't think of that!

• jag 3 posts 75 karma points
    Oct 24, 2016 @ 15:34
    jag

I'm also getting this issue, but only the PostGenerateExport I have tried to remove the special characters, but this issue still persist. Still getting the same problem.

• Antoine Bergeron 18 posts 107 karma points
    Oct 31, 2016 @ 15:33
    Antoine Bergeron

I have the same problem on 4.3.3. Form names are all alphanumerical and dashes, but we do use other characters in the various questions (in French, so accented characters, etc.).

Anybody got a workaround other than extracting straight from the DB?

• jag 3 posts 75 karma points
    Nov 30, 2016 @ 10:14
    jag

Hi All,

I have figured out the issue for my version of the problem, I tried testing the export out in safari, whilst using the web inspector under the network tab> Content or web inspector under the network tab > JSON, the error displayed showed that a dll was missing. For my case it was the EPPlus version 4.0.5.0. I then added the dll in and ran the export again, it worked!

• Darren Eccles 59 posts 298 karma points
    Apr 05, 2017 @ 15:51
    Darren Eccles

Hi Jag,

I know this is an old post, but just want to say thanks, just spent a good hour trying to figure this out.

Adding the EPPlus.dll worked for me.

Darren

• Antoine Bergeron 18 posts 107 karma points
    Nov 30, 2016 @ 18:46
    Antoine Bergeron

For people who follow this thread, version 4.4.0, released today, corrects that bug.

• Shahzad Ahamad 51 posts 251 karma points
    Mar 12, 2018 @ 15:06
    Shahzad Ahamad

Hi All,

I am having the same issue but not for all the forms only for some selected forms.

I checked all the names of the forms none of them contain and special character.

Also it shouldn't be the dll issue because if it was the dll issue then none of the forms should be working .

Can anyone please suggest me some solution.

Shahzad

• Shahzad Ahamad 51 posts 251 karma points
    Jul 03, 2018 @ 14:16
    Shahzad Ahamad

Hi guys,

were you all facing this issue for some selected forms like I am facing or for all the forms.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft