Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ross Ekberg 124 posts 364 karma points
    Sep 07, 2016 @ 15:47
    Ross Ekberg

Custom Macro Not Submitting with Umbraco Forms

Umbraco 7.4.2 Umbraco Forms 4.2.1 WebForms

I have a custom macro dropped on a page in the main content body. This macro is a database search tool. The page's template has a server-side form wrapped around the main content placeholder, and also contains an Umbraco Forms form in the footer, used to sign up to a mailing list.

Both forms render on load. The mailing list form works as expected; when you provide it an email address and click 'submit', it posts back and says 'Thank You'. The database search macro, however, doesn't work. The search field and 'search' button appear, however when you click 'search', the page posts back but nothing happens. It is suppose to display results but it does nothing.

I know there is a conflict between the macro and the mailing list form; when I remove the mailing list form from the template, the macro works properly.

At first, I thought this was because I had two server-side forms on the page. However, I don't get any error message stating that, as I would expect.

The only solution I have at this point is to remove the mailing list form from the template. I work for a public organization, so doing that would probably require several meetings, something I would like to avoid.

Can anyone provide me with some tips on how to get the macro to properly submit?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft