Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick Robin 34 posts 104 karma points
    Sep 11, 2016 @ 21:30
    Patrick Robin

Uninstall Fails

I'm trying to uninstall the Umbraco Forms (4.3.2) plugin from a blank installation of Umbraco 7.5.3 however I am unable to do so as the following error occurs "System.ArgumentException: The relative virtual path 'bin/Umbraco.Forms.Core.dll' is not allowed here." This occurs both when debugging in IIS Express with Visual Studio or when running in IIS.

Any ideas on how I can either uninstall the plugin or remove it from the application before its installed? I've found the section entry in "Config/dashboard.config" and the relevant views folder "Umbraco/Views/Dashboard/Forms" but I don't know if there are any other files that would need to be deleted?

• Barry 7 posts 79 karma points
    Sep 12, 2016 @ 09:58
    Barry

Hi Patrick,

I was also having this issue, and I found that there is an issue in the installedpackages.config file. If you open the file in your favorite text editor of visual studio the file is located in: \App_Data\packages\installed. Search for bin/Umbraco.Forms.Core.dll and add a / slash before the bin so it reads /bin/Umbraco.Forms.Core.dll then forms will uninstall

Hope this helps

Sep 12, 2016 @ 10:45
    Patrick Robin

Awesome, that sorted it. Thanks very much !

Sep 12, 2016 @ 20:26
    Patrick Robin

I may have spoken too soon, whilst it says that the package has been uninstalled doesn't actually update the dashboard so there's still an entry in the back office dashboard for the forms application which just throws errors when you click on it :(

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 13, 2016 @ 08:32
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Patrick,

I think that you have hit into this bug, see issue http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-1166

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft