Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lazau Florin 74 posts 210 karma points
    Sep 13, 2016 @ 10:07
    Lazau Florin

How to remove time from a date at submit

Hi all,

I use Umbraco forms( last version) and i have a date filed. On submit it sends(via email) datetime format (date and time). I would like to receive an email only with date.

Thanks.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 13, 2016 @ 12:34
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Lazau,

If you want to have full control over the email, that you are sending out, when a form in Umbraco Forms is submitted then you need to use the

Send XSLT transformed email workflow. https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Editor/Attaching-Workflows/#send-xslt-transformed-email

I think that you could use some like this in the email.

<xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:FormatDateTime($records//fields/child::* [caption[1] = 'Date']//value, 'd MMMM, yyyy')"/>

Where the caption of the field is Date.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Lazau Florin 74 posts 210 karma points
    Sep 14, 2016 @ 11:07
    Lazau Florin

Hi Dennis,

I've tried to use "Send XSLT transformed email workflow" and when i configured the workflow i uploaded "sendXsltEmailSample.xslt" file (from appPlugins/UmbracoForms) but on submit i got an error : Could not find a part of the path '...\media\633778\sendxsltemailsample.xslt' and i think that the reason for this is that i save media files in Azure.

Another option for format data? It's wired that i can set time in form but on submit the system automatically adds time(12:00:00).

Thanks, Florin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft