Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick Renny 31 posts 63 karma points
    Sep 16, 2016 @ 14:33
    Nick Renny

Unable to submit form from protected page

YSOD when submitting form from a protected page. Stack trace below:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func1 getCacheItem, Nullable1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, CacheDependency dependency) +825 Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func1 getCacheItem, Nullable1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles) +200 Umbraco.Core.Cache.DeepCloneRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func1 getCacheItem, Nullable1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles) +183 Umbraco.Forms.Core.Cache.CacheProviderExtensions.GetCacheItem(IRuntimeCacheProvider provider, String cacheKey, Func1 getCacheItem, Nullable1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles) +541 Umbraco.Forms.Data.StringHelper.ParseMemberPlaceholders(String value, Object memberKey) +1990 Umbraco.Forms.Data.StringHelper.ParsePlaceHolders(HttpContext context, Record record, String value) +584 Umbraco.Forms.Data.StringHelper.ParsePlaceHolders(Record record, String value) +75 Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.WorkflowService.ExecuteWorkflows(List1 workflows, RecordEventArgs e) +1158 Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.WorkflowService.ExecuteWorkflows(Record record, Form form, FormState state, Boolean editMode) +468 Umbraco.Forms.Web.Services.RecordService.Submit(Record record, Form form) +704 Umbraco.Forms.Web.Controllers.UmbracoFormsController.SubmitForm(Form form, FormViewModel model, Dictionary2 state, ControllerContext context) +3103 Umbraco.Forms.Web.Controllers.UmbracoFormsController.GoForward(Form form, FormViewModel model, Dictionary2 state) +339 Umbraco.Forms.Web.Controllers.UmbracoFormsController.HandleForm(FormViewModel model, Boolean captchaIsValid) +1283 lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +167 System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary2 parameters) +217 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary2 parameters) +39 System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState) +12 System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +139 System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Sep 19, 2016 @ 14:38
    Warren Buckley

Hello Nick,
    Can you give some more steps or info to reproduce this problem please.

What version of Umbraco & what version of Forms?

How is the page secured, with a specific member role/group?

Does the form work if the page is then unsecured?

Thanks,
    Warren

Sep 19, 2016 @ 14:57
    Nick Renny

Hi, yeah - it's Umbraco version 7.4.3 assembly: 1.0.5948.18141

Forms version 4.3.2

The form works when not protected, it's protected using a group and the form submits fine if not protected.

We have a bunch of plugins, I wondered if this was unexpected behaviour, or perhaps caused by plugins, we have media protect which is the one I thought might be the most likely culprit - if there were one.

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Sep 19, 2016 @ 15:09
    Warren Buckley

Can you clarify in a new install perhaps without Media Protect as I am not sure or aware of the functionality and the hooks that code will be doing, just so we can be sure.

If so then we can raise an issue on the issue tracker so I can try to reproduce the error & ensure the issue gets fixed.

Sep 19, 2016 @ 15:28
    Nick Renny

Yeah - I will do - thanks for posting.

Oct 11, 2016 @ 15:04
    Nick Renny

So - other priorities and such - but I have now tested it in a vanilla install, and it definitely fails when the page is protected.

• Chris Kim 48 posts 253 karma points c-trib
    Oct 12, 2016 @ 04:17
    Chris Kim

Look at this thread: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-forms/78933-umbraco-forms-and-protected-pages#comment-256103

Just had the same issue and removing the {form_name} from the subject line in the Email workflow fixed the issue for me.

Oct 12, 2016 @ 08:23
    Nick Renny

That works, fantastic, I've raised this bug on http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-1188

Thanks for posting.

• Chris Kim 48 posts 253 karma points c-trib
    Oct 12, 2016 @ 09:39
    Chris Kim

Doh, just saw that you had also posted in the other thread previously.

Anyway, glad it worked for you as well and thanks for raising the bug.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft