Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Oct 27, 2016 @ 07:50
    Gordon Saxby

Send custom emails

After a form is submitted, I need to send an email - with specific formatting and content - back to the person who submitted the form, I also need to send a differently formatted form to an admin address.

Do I need to create a custom workflow for that, or is that what the "xslt transformed email" workflow is for?

Any examples would be most useful :-)

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 27, 2016 @ 08:25
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Gordon,

For the specific formatting and content of the email you will need to use the "xslt transformed email" workflow is.

I am not sure that you will be able to send to different styled emails, so for this part you will need to do some custom, if it´s a require, that the two emails are look different.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Oct 27, 2016 @ 08:29
    Gordon Saxby

I assume I can add 2 different XSLT workflows - 1 for submitter, 1 for admin.

Oh dear, going to have to brush up on my XSLT skills!!

• [email protected] 406 posts 2135 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 28, 2016 @ 06:03
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com

Hi Gordon,

a nice alternative would maybe using our PerplexMail-package (https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/perplexmail-for-umbraco/) which comes with a workflow for Umbraco Forms so you don't have to brush up your XSLT (although you should, because XSLT still rocks ;)).

Regards, Jeffrey

• Yakov Lebski 553 posts 2117 karma points
    Oct 28, 2016 @ 12:04
    Yakov Lebski

You can use PerplexMail for Umbraco, it's allow manage custom emails, send via code and Umbraco Forms workflow

Oct 28, 2016 @ 12:06
    Gordon Saxby

I have created a custom workflow, which means I can plumb into existing email code that already exists in the project. So far, it's working very well.

• Yakov Lebski 553 posts 2117 karma points
    Oct 28, 2016 @ 12:07
    Yakov Lebski

Yes you can

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    Oct 28, 2016 @ 21:19
    Dallas

Hi

We have just implemented this with PerplexMail and it has worked very well. Allows the editors to edit the email content and create new emails within Umbraco. It gives them a lot of control.

You can create multiple workflow actions so one can send an admin email (for this we are using the default send email action) and a customer email (Where PerplexMail comes in)

Dallas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft