Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Nov 14, 2016 @ 08:02
    Fuji Kusaka

Workflows not working

Hi All,

After upgrading umbraco forms to v4.3.3 my custom workflows stop working.

I even tried to use the default workflows with very basic infos but still this didnt work.

Enabled post Moderation is checked but still nothing.

Any ideas ?

Fuji

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Nov 15, 2016 @ 09:00
    Warren Buckley

Hi Fuji,
    Sorry to hear that. Lets see if we can get to the bottom of this & get this fixed for you.

Can you provide me some more details please such as Umbraco Version.

Has this worked previously, before upgrading to 4.3.3, if so what version was you on?

Does this happen on all environments, such as local, development staging/UAT & live?

Have you tried setting up a new form and re-trying the workflow you wish to use.

Are there any errors or notes in the UmbracoLog file on disk that may be able to give us some clues?

Are the workflows you refer to email ones in your simple testing, if so have you configured the email server or check there is nothing from the mail server causing a problem?

You mention about enable post moderation for this form, is the workflow/s not working on the Submitted or On Approved?

Hopefully with some of these questions answered we can get to the bottom of this.

Cheers,
    Warren

Nov 15, 2016 @ 10:03
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Warren,

Yes this used to work but only noticed this issue after deploying a new website.

Am not sure when it stopped working thought, we currently on U 7.5.4 and UForms 4.3.3.

We tried basic Workflows with only 1 notifications on all environment but doesnot work. Yes i enabled Moderation to try out if when we approved entries it will send a notifications but nothing.

Nov 15, 2016 @ 10:33
    Fuji Kusaka

Warren sorry on the local environment it works, but none of the cloud environment.

Nov 15, 2016 @ 10:53
    Warren Buckley

Is this an Umbraco Cloud based project Fuji?

If so we can you please raise a support chat via the portal so we can talk about your specific project & find the problem there, ask one of the lovely support gang to send it onto me. So we can continue the discussion :)

Once done we can post a summary here so others can learn from it.

Thanks,
    Warren

Nov 15, 2016 @ 11:03
    Fuji Kusaka

Awesome, be right on the portal

Nov 16, 2016 @ 09:10
    Warren Buckley

To give an update anyone else who is reading this.

The problem that Fuji was experiencing is that the environments hosted on Umbraco Cloud had the email SMTP settings set to localhost.

Umbraco Cloud does not come with an SMTP server & thus when Fuji was cloning this down locally he had a local SMTP server setup.

The recommended solution was to use a service such as SendGrid & to use config transforms for different environments to change the SMTP server settings as required.

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Umbraco-Cloud/Set-Up/Config-Transforms/

Nov 16, 2016 @ 09:19
    Fuji Kusaka

Thanks Warren.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft