Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ali Nasir 2 posts 73 karma points
    Nov 14, 2016 @ 14:34
    Ali Nasir

Menu icons not shown in IE works fine in chrome

enter image description here

As you can see from the picture i can see the icons in google but not in Internet explorer.

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6445 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Nov 15, 2016 @ 14:39
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Ali.

Could you try and bump the client dependecy version number by 1 in /Config/ClientDependecy.config and see if the problem still exists?

• Ali Nasir 2 posts 73 karma points
    Nov 16, 2016 @ 16:53
    Ali Nasir

I think its some kind of settings in IE because its working on IE on other cyctems but just not for one system still have to do some testing.

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6445 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Nov 17, 2016 @ 07:13
    Dennis Adolfi

Ah, I understand. Yes that sounds like your IE browser might have some strange settings.

Good luck!

• Joe 30 posts 133 karma points
    Sep 26, 2019 @ 10:41
    Joe

I've faced the same situation, and eventually found that it's Font-Awesome's issue on IE when cache is disabled (i.e. HTTP header with: 'Pragma: No-cache' and 'Cache-control: No-cache'). Reference: https://stackoverflow.com/a/33508291/4684232

Font-Awesome needs caching on IE, so the solution in my case is DON'T block the cache for font files requests (i.e. Request.Path.EndsWith([font file extensions])

Under folder Umbraco\assets\fonts, you'll find the extensions you need to escape are ".eot", ".svg", ".tff", ".woff", ".woff2"

Hope it helps!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft