Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Nov 30, 2016 @ 23:05
    John Bergman

License File question / License placed, still appears to not be licensed.

The documentation on the web site indicates that all I need to do is place my license file in the /bin directory of the site to have it picked up. Is that still the case, when I go to the Forms main backoffice page, I still have the page with the email/password "Get my license" button.

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 06, 2016 @ 20:57
    Dennis Aaen

Hi John,

Yes the license should be placed in the bin folder. It will still be there even if you have installed the license.

The way you can check if it´s works is if you can see the values that the users are submitting in the forms when you are checking the entities.

Please let me know if you have any troubles, then we are ready in the support help you out.

Best,

/Dennis

Dec 06, 2016 @ 21:27
    John Bergman

I didn't see any specifics about installing the license other than placing it in the /bin folder, if there are, can you please point me to that (and perhaps update the site to make it more discoverable?).

Also, forgive my ignorance, but I seem to see Umbraco Forms and Contour used seemingly interchangeably, are they the same or different products?

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 06, 2016 @ 21:36
    Dennis Aaen

Hi John,

The Contour and Umbraco Forms are doing the same it´s a Forms builder in Umbraco.

Contour is for people who are using Umbraco 6. If you are using Umbraco 7.x.x then you should use Umbraco Forms.

The Umbraco Forms package is a rebuild of Contour which is designed for Umbraco 7.x.x and higher, and are following the UI changes that comes with Umbraco 7.x.x. It´s also got a lot of new features.

The latest version of Umbraco Forms is 4.4.0 https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/umbraco-forms/

Hope this make sense else let me know.

/Dennis

Dec 07, 2016 @ 01:28
    John Bergman

Thanks for the response, it was most helpful. I think my confusion was caused by two things

1. when I click on packages inside Umbraco, Contour is the #1 package listed.

2. when looking at Contour, there is a reference to Umbraco 6/7, which would imply this is what I should be using.

I suggest you add some info in the Contour package description that would indicate that the use of Umbraco Forms is the preferred solution.

• Andrew Vennells 16 posts 101 karma points
    Dec 07, 2016 @ 03:32
    Andrew Vennells

You may need to do an application reboot. To test, just send a form on your environment the licence is intended for (you don't need a licence for your localhost environment) and check the entries view to see if it has worked.

Dec 07, 2016 @ 05:38
    John Bergman

Thanks Andrew, looks like uninstalling Contour and installing forms also took care of the licensing issue I was having. I definitely appreciate the help and being pointed in the right direction.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft