Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Antoinette Silago 21 posts 92 karma points notactivated
    Jan 26, 2017 @ 00:38
    Antoinette Silago

Making the URL for Submit button dynamic...

Hi All,

Is there a good way to make the URL dynamic on forms? Or is that even possible with Umbraco forms?

Thank you, Antoinette

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jan 26, 2017 @ 05:05
    Nicholas Westby

Don't think I follow. Submit buttons don't have URL's. If you are talking about the action URL on the <form> tag, that can indeed be made dynamic. However, the URL that you post to informs Umbraco Forms of the page it should consider your form as residing on when it stores the submission.

In other words, if you change that URL, Umbraco Forms may get confused about which page the submission came from.

Supposing I've interpreted your question correctly, why are you trying to make the form action dynamic?

• Antoinette Silago 21 posts 92 karma points notactivated
    Jan 26, 2017 @ 15:33
    Antoinette Silago

I am trying to send the form submission to a different page depending on the selection of the user. I problem is the payment site has specific pages for the amount the person is paying....

Example: Person is employee, so they pay $25. Person is community member, so they pay $75.

So if they said they are employee, if they submit the form it should go to payment page of $25 to pay. If they are community member, they go to the $75 page to pay.

I was trying to see if I need to create different forms for the different type of person or just go to different pages after they submit the form. Let me know if you are still not understanding. I am sorry if I am not being clear still.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jan 27, 2017 @ 18:17
    Nicholas Westby

If I understand, this form simply serves the purpose of redirecting somebody to a particular page depending on the inputs.

My guess is you are attempting to accomplish this with the "thank you" page functionality built into Umbraco Forms, which of course won't work because it only allows for a single thank you page.

Instead, you can create a custom Form.cshtml used by this one form. That file can contain the logic that will determine where to redirect to, which it can then do with Response.Redirect. No need to use the thank you page at all.

• NDDT 68 posts 240 karma points c-trib
    Jan 26, 2017 @ 16:06
    NDDT

Why not the same page with diffrent content depending on the user type. Would be easier.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft