Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• aaeda 117 posts 150 karma points
    Jan 30, 2017 @ 06:25
    aaeda

Export form from one site to another

Hello

I am using Umbraco 7.5.2 and umbraco Forms. I wanted to know if there is a way to export a form from test to production server.

Thanks Regards Aaeda

• Sjors Pals 617 posts 270 karma points
    Jan 30, 2017 @ 10:44
    Sjors Pals

Hi Aaeda, you might trying to create a package and include the form as content. This did work for me, especially with new content and doctypes.

• aaeda 117 posts 150 karma points
    Jan 30, 2017 @ 11:40
    aaeda

Hi Sjors

thanks for you reply. Ok I will try that and let you know.

Many thanks A

• Evan Moore 9 posts 85 karma points
    Feb 09, 2017 @ 16:17
    Evan Moore

Packaging doesn't seem to work, or I'm missing something. There is no option to include the forms in the package creation screen. I tried including the page which contains the form (via the form macro), alas it does not include the form itself as a dependency.

Feb 09, 2017 @ 16:59
    Evan Moore

I copied the App_Plugins/UmbracoForms folder to the other site and all the forms came over just fine. Entries don't, but I don't think you are looking to migrate the entries from test.

I was also able to migrate just a single form by copying the form from App_Plugins\UmbracoForms\Data\forms to the other site. You have to know the form ID of the form which you can pick up from the URL when you are editing the form. I did get errors in the backoffice until I touched the web.config to restart the site.

One note: Before you can copy a single form, you have to copy the entire directory first. The forms refer to workflows (and likely other objects) by id. Those IDs seem to be generated uniquely for each Umbraco site. Replacing the entire forms directory on the target site will take care of copying all those dependencies. Otherwise you will have to update the json in the form you are copying over to refer to the proper ids in the new site.

Jul 07, 2017 @ 18:22
    Evan Moore

Just some further followup, if you want to copy a single form you don't have to copy the entire folder. After you copy form file from AppPlugins\UmbracoForms\Data\forms{id}.json to the destination, open it up in a text editor and look near the bottom for "workflows": [ "{guid}" ], then copy AppPlugins\UmbracoForms\Data\workflows{guid}.json to the destination site.

• Evan Moore 4 posts 75 karma points c-trib
    Dec 04, 2019 @ 15:58
    Evan Moore

It seems it doesn't work to copy forms from a V7 to V8 site in this way.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft