Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lazau Florin 74 posts 210 karma points
    Mar 11, 2017 @ 12:07
    Lazau Florin

Umbraco forms - disable answer type

Hi Guys,

I would like to remove File Upload form my answer type options.

Can you help me?

Thanks, Florin

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Mar 13, 2017 @ 07:49
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Lazau.

Wow, that's a new one. Most questions regarding fieldtype is usually about adding fieldtypes, not removing. For all I know, there is not built in configuration for removing the standard fieldtypes without some "hacky" coding. It does sound however like a useful config that would be nice to have in the /App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/UmbracoForms.config file, something like:

<setting key="DisableFieldTypes" value="fileUpload,somethingelse" />

But this is however not a valid setting at the monent. Maybe you could add it as a feature request on http://issues.umbraco.org? (Make sure to label you post 'Feature Request' and not 'Bug')

However, if this is something that you really want right now, here is the hacky solution (note, I dont recommend this since future Umbraco Forms upgrades might override this, but I do understand that sometimes one needs to take extreme actions to fit a clients need):

Find this file: /App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/Backoffice/Form/overlays/fieldtypepicker/field-type-picker.html.

In the LI element repeater, add the following angular conditional class (line 22).

ng-class="{hide: fieldType.name == 'File upload'}"

This will add the class 'hide' to the field type File Upload, making it not visible. See animation:

enter image description here

As I said, this is not a pretty solution, but it works. A setting in a configuration file would be a lot prettier or some way of removing fieldtypes by adding a custom class of some sort could also work, but for all I know, thats not possible.

All the best / Dennis

Mar 13, 2017 @ 10:18
    Lazau Florin

Hi Dennis,

Thanks a lot for answering, and for answering in this manner (like the super complete answer).

I need this "hacky" code because of this

Have a nice day!

Florin

Mar 13, 2017 @ 13:02
    Dennis Adolfi

No problem Florin!

Glad I could help!

Take care and have a great day!

/ Dennis

• [email protected] 406 posts 2135 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 14, 2017 @ 07:19
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com

Hi Florin,

another option could be installing our package Forms On Steroids (https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/umbraco-forms-on-perplex-steroids/) that has this option configurable in a config-file. Per datatype you can decide whether to have it available or not

Cheerio,

Jeffrey

Mar 14, 2017 @ 07:23
    Lazau Florin

Hi Jeffrey,

Wow...awesome package.

Thanks a lot!

Florin

Mar 14, 2017 @ 07:30
    Dennis Adolfi

Ah, brilliant. :)

I do love "Umbraco Forms on Perplex Steroids" and use it in most of the solutions I build, however i've seem to have missed this feature.

Sometimes it feels like everytime a question starts with "Can I do ... with Umbraco Forms?", 9/10 time the answer is "Yes, if you install Perplex Steroids". :)

Thank you for an awesome package Jeffrey!

• [email protected] 406 posts 2135 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 14, 2017 @ 07:33
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com

Haha Florin and Dennis,

thanks for making me wake up with a smile on my face!

Spread the word ;)!

Mar 14, 2017 @ 07:35
    Lazau Florin

Will do :)

Mar 14, 2017 @ 07:36
    Dennis Adolfi

You got it! :)

• Markus Johansson 1911 posts 5757 karma points MVP c-trib
    Mar 11, 2020 @ 12:17
    Markus Johansson

Hi Guys!

Since this was posted before Umbraco 8 I figured I'll share my findings in regards to Umbraco Forms 8+.

In the updated version they use "BuilderCollections" which makes it possible to modify Workflows, FieldTypes and more during Composition.

Ie:

[ComposeAfter(typeof(UmbracoFormsComposer))]
    public class MySiteComposer : IUserComposer
    {
        public void Compose(Composition composition)
        {
            // Workflows
            composition.WithCollectionBuilder<WorkflowCollectionBuilder>().Clear();
            composition.WithCollectionBuilder<WorkflowCollectionBuilder>().Add<ContactTargetWorkflow>();

// Field types
            composition.WithCollectionBuilder<FieldCollectionBuilder>().Exclude<Recaptcha2>();
        }
    }

When I first tested this my Composer did not have the ComposeAfter-attribute, but after adding this it worked fine.

[ComposeAfter(typeof(UmbracoFormsComposer))]

Apart of these two collection there's also some other UmbracoForms-collections that can be modified during Composition:

composition.WithCollectionBuilder<DataSourceCollectionBuilder>()
    composition.WithCollectionBuilder<ExportCollectionBuilder>()
    composition.WithCollectionBuilder<FieldPreValueSourceCollectionBuilder>()
    composition.WithCollectionBuilder<RecordSetActionCollectionBuilder>()

There is also an issue for this on Github: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco.Forms.Issues/issues/61

Hope this helps anyone trying to accomplish the this.

• Chris Evans 137 posts 353 karma points c-trib
    Mar 12, 2020 @ 01:13
    Chris Evans

This works like a charm - thank you so much! Have wanted this feature forever.

• iNETZO 133 posts 496 karma points c-trib
    Jun 22, 2020 @ 19:56
    iNETZO

Hi Markus,

Thank you very much for this! Do you also know if it is possible to set the the "HideField"-property of the build-in fieldtypes to true? I want t hide all buildin fieldtypes but they are already used in some existing forms.

Best regards,

iNETZO

• Markus Johansson 1911 posts 5757 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jun 22, 2020 @ 21:03
    Markus Johansson

Hi!

Hmm, I really don’t know, maybe it would work to create classes that inherits from them add these to the collections and remove the original once. I really don’t have a good answer. Sorry.

Cheers!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft