Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Antoine Bergeron 18 posts 107 karma points
    May 03, 2017 @ 19:04
    Antoine Bergeron

Multilingual forms doesn't save checkbox and dropdown when creating Umbraco nodes

Hi,

I'm saving a Forms entry as a Umbraco node, containing checkbox lists and dropdowns. That work great using a single language, and the running version of our site is all good.

We've now been asked to make our forms bilingual. I've created a new test form, and all the labels and values are entered using dictionary items (passed in custom data types using prevalue sources written with the dictionary # for the dropdowns/checkbox lists). The form itself works well, and save the entries.

However, when I now save the entry as a node, the dropdown and checkbox lists content doesn't follow. I've seen that the value recorded in Forms is the translated final value found in the dictionary, and not the key, so I assume that's why it doesn't save.

Any idea how to correct that, or maybe have Forms save the dictionary key instead of the final value?

Using Umbraco 7.5.13 and Forms 4.4.2.

• Antoine Bergeron 18 posts 107 karma points
    May 04, 2017 @ 19:41
    Antoine Bergeron

Scratch that, bad memory from my part. It works in 7.4 because I save the value as text fields, not in their respective data types. Not perfect, but it did the job.

Still, I would like to know if it's possible to save the dictionary key in the Forms' entries, instead of the value.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft