Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Henrik Bro 18 posts 38 karma points
    May 12, 2017 @ 12:34
    Henrik Bro

Validation: The form contains a field with a duplicate alias

Updated Umbraco 7.6.1 - new install of Umbraco Forms 6.0.1

When I create a new form with 2 text fields I get this error when trying to save the form:

Validation: The form contains a field with a duplicate alias

• Henrik Bro 18 posts 38 karma points
    May 12, 2017 @ 12:35
    Henrik Bro

The text fields are named: "Navn" and "E-mail"

• marc r deschenes 3 posts 20 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 20:18
    marc r deschenes

I am seeing the same problem. Uforms complains but the error message does not identify the field in question. hello?

error shown is: "Validation: The form contains a field with a duplicate alias: "

Not very helpful. As previous post mentions, I created a form with 2 fields, I clicked "Save" after adding each field. Clicking "Save" after adding the 2nd field renders the error. I even tried deleting and adding 2nd field with totally different name. No dice...

should I roll back to 4.4.0 for now? Upgrade to Umb 7.6.1 and Forms 6.0.1 seems fraught with issues, thus far.

• MuirisOG 382 posts 1284 karma points
    Jul 11, 2017 @ 19:26
    MuirisOG

... and you've renamed the email field with to remove the hyphen?

• Daniel Chenery 119 posts 465 karma points
    Jul 24, 2017 @ 09:52
    Daniel Chenery

I can confirm the same issue here, running Umbraco Forms 6.0.2 with Umbraco 7.6.4

Same issue regardless of what I name my fields, or set my answer type to. I'm now stuck unable to create any new forms as a result.

Any know workarounds yet?

• Tobias Larm 5 posts 95 karma points
    Oct 05, 2017 @ 12:30
    Tobias Larm

I have the same issue here, on Umbraco 7.6.3 and Umbraco Forms 6.0.2.

Not able to update any forms nor add new ones with more than one question. Copying a form works though, as long as I don't change anything.

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Oct 18, 2017 @ 10:12
    Simon Dingley

Any luck with this?

I have a large form that has multiple fields with the same labels, unfortunately, UmbracoForms, therefore, generates them with the same alias which results in this issue. I have manually modified the JSON for the form to provide unique aliases, however, there is one I cannot yet track down as the error doesn't actually provide an alias for - it just says

Validation: The form contains a field with a duplicate alias:

Edit: IN actual fact its easy to track down the final one by doing a string search for "alias": ""

• Angel 50 posts 106 karma points
    Dec 18, 2017 @ 16:41
    Angel

has any one found a resolution to this?

I am on Umbraco 7.6.5 and using forms 6.0.5

When i create a text field on one group and create a second group with a text field, the error shows up when i try to save the form.

TIA

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Dec 19, 2017 @ 05:00
    Simon Dingley

See my post above. Have you searched the JSON file to locate & update them? I'm away from a computer right now so not sure if you can manage group aliases in the UI.

• Lars-Erik Aabech 349 posts 1100 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jan 17, 2018 @ 09:44
    Lars-Erik Aabech

Hi guys,

I just saw this issue in a project where only the UmbracoForms.Core nuget package had been updated. It still had an old UmbracoForms version. It might also be that you just have to bump your clientDependency.config version number if you're not using nuget.

If using nuget, you should have these two packages with the same version number listed in packages.config.

<package id="UmbracoForms" version="6.0.6" targetFramework="net452" />
    <package id="UmbracoForms.Core" version="6.0.6" targetFramework="net452" />

The alias is editable with both packages on version 6.0.6.

HTH,
    Lars-Erik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft