Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Eyres 98 posts 580 karma points
    Jul 03, 2017 @ 15:19
    Richard Eyres

Bypass getting MemberKey on PostRetriveRecords

Version: Form 4.4.0

I have a number of forms for a clients website. We have created a custom membership provider as all the member information is housed via a third party API. As a result, we do not have any members within Umbraco.

The custom membership provider uses a GUID for the key. This key is then stored in the forms data under the table, MemberKey.

When getting the data, this throws an internal 500 error. From PostRetriveRecords, this is trying to convert the Guid to a Number (StringToNumber). Of course, this fails. (stack trace at end)

Is there a way we can skip/by pass getting the member information when viewing the entries? Or if anyone has had a similar issue, what was the solution they found to get around this?

Thank you for your assistance.

)]}', {"Message":"An error has occurred.", "ExceptionMessage":"Input string was not in a correct format.", "ExceptionType":"System.FormatException", "StackTrace":"
    at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)\r\n
    at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)\r\n
    at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)\r\n
    at Umbraco.Forms.Web.BusinessLogic.FormRecordSearcher.QueryDataBase(RecordFilter model, DatabaseContext databaseContext)\r\n
    at Umbraco.Forms.Web.Editors.RecordController.PostRetriveRecords(RecordFilter model)\r\n
    at lambdamethod(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n
    at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>cDisplayClass10.9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\r\n
    at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n
    at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.
    _1.MoveNext()"}

• Stewart 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 31, 2018 @ 16:15
    Stewart

Hello,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

I have the same problem, only difference is that I am getting member info from Active Directory.

Thanks

• Richard Eyres 98 posts 580 karma points
    Jan 31, 2018 @ 16:35
    Richard Eyres

Hello

No, i just created a new workflow item to copy the member key away, and replace it with a null, in SQL.

• Stewart 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 31, 2018 @ 16:42
    Stewart

Thanks for replying,

I though that was going to be the answer but just though I would check.

Thanks again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft